Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: The kind of calls you need to make at the $215s....

There was no UTG push, the entire hand has dealt with a push from the button. Im very confused, and I'd clearly fold A2o if UTG was the pusher. I think it'd be insane to call an UTG pusher for 800 more with A2o.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:02 AM

Sorry, I brainfarted. I read the original post hours ago and thought I remembered it as an UTG push. 8-tabling is warping my mind (I think I'm going to blame it on a lot of other mistakes in the upcoming months), I go sleepy now... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains wrote:

Yea I just think it's interesting to highlight the difference between the $55s+ the $215s. I highly doubt anyone would recommend calling there against a typical opponent in a $55.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, if i was bb, i would have folded a2o with 8 players left at lvl5.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This just proves my point, you will find much better opportunities than calling with A2 and praying ur a 60% favorite (best case scenario) and not dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the "you will find better spots later on" stance. With 8 players and blinds soon reaching 150/300 it is possible that you never get to open a pot again, less open a pot with a hand you feel ok with.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Curtains wrote:

Yea I just think it's interesting to highlight the difference between the $55s+ the $215s. I highly doubt anyone would recommend calling there against a typical opponent in a $55.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, if i was bb, i would have folded a2o with 8 players left at lvl5.

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually do to, but curtains doesn't play the $50s anymore. If curtains was sitting on the button at my table then I'm definitly calling, it doesn't matter if its a $50 or $200. Curtains already mentioned my main reasong for calling (other than is being really +EV)is that it will discourage future steals. Its kind of like the spite call thread, except this one is already making you money to begin with. besides, catching other 2+2ers pushing junk is fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been under the assumption that the majority of posters on this board are pushing with a lot worse than JTs in this position.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority is not everyone.

Secondly,I think calling with 22 is wrong.The only way I call with 22 here is if the villian has already done this to me several times and I'm getting p*ssed off with him doing it.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly,I think calling with 22 is wrong.The only way I call with 22 here is if the villian has already done this to me several times and I'm getting p*ssed off with him doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, great reasoning.......
Old 06-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Curtains,

I see your point here, and it is a loophole in my logic. In the 1k sngs sometimes I feel like an opponent is pushing a little too much because he knows I dont love calling there with hands like A2o, so I'll make a FU call once in a while that tends to slow them down. I dont know about you, but when I push here and get called with A2o I adjust because I don't expect many players to make that call. So if you think you'll slow an opponent down in the future by calling with A2o then it should be worth it.

I never said there is anything really wrong about calling here, I'd just prefer not to.

-Jason
Old 06-08-2005, 02:01 PM

btw I know this is ridiculous crosspost, but you responded to some thread by Daliman in the NL section and your response made no sense, almost like it was in response to another hand. He posted some hand preflop with QQ, and you posted "On the river I'd have to be getting damn close to 5.5:1 to call, and you arent anywhere close."

Not sure where the river comes in to play, and why would anyone need 5.5-1 odds to call allin preflop with QQ against one opponent.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been under the assumption that the majority of posters on this board are pushing with a lot worse than JTs in this position.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority is not everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people are bad enough that they don't know pushing with JTs is a must, then they need to leave this thread and go read some of the more basic ones (like the "should i push 88 with 3BB UTG??). This concept will most likely confuse them and make them play more poorly than help them.

Also, I don't see how calling with A2o but folding 22 makes any sense. But yes, keep calling for the sole reason that you're mad at them. I bet that does wonders for the bankroll.