Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Granny goes to Vegas!

[ QUOTE ]
unless you mean that merely entering the Big One is -EV i can't see how an equal share (thanks to Granny's philosophy of absolute fairness) of a seat proportional to winnings could possibly be construed as -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if you believe Granny is -EV in the Main event.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:10 PM

$57 was one share of Bo I sold tonight. Good stuff.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:12 PM

This is from Sublime. He wanted me to post this.

hey mike- its sublime, i have been on punishment for being a bad boy in the zoo, but would still like to contribute. i also think that a final deadline should be set to allow people to change their minds etc and at that time their shares should be divided equally. like if we are gonna buy 6k of granny than divide that by how many people have interest. IMO, since this is a community event, nobody should be turned away. also, i thought the ME was sold out? probably a minor issue as granny has kennedy type ties with the poker rooms.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Update #1 - Important

Add me on the list. I don't have Stars but I'm sure Granny wouldn't mind a transfer on Paradise.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 PM

Default **IMPORTANT** Message from granny via email...

Granny sent me this via email and requested I post it for her as she is not at her main computer and doesn't have her 2+2 password. (She promised me a backrub for doing her dirty work, woo-hoo!!!)

What follows is Granny's message unedited...

---------------------------------

hi guys,

HOLY CHIT. i am humbled. this is very cool.

i am out of town and don't have my password to post so i asked jason to post this. i sent something similar to mike, but he was headed to bed and i figured it best to get this posted before too many more want in.

1. i would be happy to play 2 events or sell 60%. therefore, we could get as many involved as want to. we simply come up with 2 dollar amounts and you can buy one share or two. that would all be very easy to do.

HOWEVER

2. there is a large issue here that has not been addressed and that's why i am posting from out of town. i don't want this going too far if it is not practical or comfortable for both myself and all you animals.

the issue is the accommodations and inclusion to a group.

we need to find a site that will see the value in sponsoring me. we need to find a site that will take $10,000 from me/us and put me with their group.

this assures me 2 things.

a. a room

b. that i am guaranteed to be in this thing without blindly going out there and standing in line hoping to make the cutoff.

in return for this sponsorship, i would of course wear their gear and sign their crap. so, WHEN i make the final table, they have purchased GRANNY for the price of the room and inclusion in their group.

if i can't be a part of a group that goes out there, then my expenses are going to be very high. with high expenses, i would expect all of them to come off the top of any win, and that makes me VERY uncomfortable, so i would pass on this group deal.

while i fully expect to be first place (woooo), there is a chance that i may only cash the minimum, or (EGADS) nothing at all. if this happens, then i am on the line for 100% of the expenses, but can only get 40% or 50% of the winnings. therefore, it would be horrible considering this outpouring, but i would need to do this on my own.

i hope i explained that properly. i would think that for the cost of sticking me with their group and purchasing my seat for me (with OUR money, paid to them in advance), a site should be HAPPY to help because, well hell, there are about a million investors anyway just at 2+2. so even if i don't cash, they are only out a hotel room and some hotdog's. if i DO advance far, they have me wearing their clothing for CHEEEEEEEEEEP.

i think mike h might have a feeler out. if not, we can look for a site that wants to help out the zoo when i return early next week.

thanks again everyone. for me, this is the greatest thread in 2+2 history. the sentiment is humbling. i hope we can find a solution.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: **IMPORTANT** Message from granny via email...

Sponsor gear or not, there has got to be a way to wear some zoo/granny stuff?!?

Adde
Old 05-18-2005, 11:35 PM

On the other hand if Granny doesnt get in the money they will be entitled to write off the entire buyin although only putting up 40-50%. This also goes the other way. If Granny wins $1,000,000 we have a tax mess that has already been dicussed.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:38 PM

Maybe a modified version of Vinny's shirt. Add PokerStars (or whatever) to the shirt. I'm thinking they wouldn't mind since the shirt would probably attract attention and TV time.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:41 PM

Any link to Vinnys shirt?

Adde
Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sponsor gear or not, there has got to be a way to wear some zoo/granny stuff?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding going with a site sponsor I think that's a brillant idea and it's basically necessary if we want to do this. It's unfair for us to expect an equal cut of winnings with granny absorbling the costs of room/board. Plus (more importantly) the WSOP is very likely to sell out and getting in with a site sposor will gurantee granny gets a seat. It would suck if we did all this work and granny got locked out because the line was too long.

I'm sure granny will want to represent the zoo by wearing our gear, but we have to understand the site that sponsors her will be entitled to some real estate as well...I don't think that's a big deal because granny has plenty of real-estate to go around.

Hell, if we find the right site to sponsor granny we might even be able to get some special shirts made up with Co-branding on them (i.e. the site name, some sort of Zoo theme/words and a picture of granny's avatar) and then the site could turn around and sell the extra shirts back to us (I'd pay some reasonable amount for one...they could probably make back their entire outlay for hotel on T-shirt sales)...agree/disagree?

Anyways, if everyone rolls with the punches this is going to be easier than granny after a bottle of tequila.

J