Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

Don't feel bad, not counting tournamanets, that's more than Daniel.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dog:

I am too busy to play for an evening. I'm in the middle of proofreading Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II and it is tough going. We have agreed to do an in store promotion in Borders with this book that starts June 20. For us to make this date, I have to work non-stop the next week to 10 days, and then there can be no printing glitches.

Just to give you a specific of how busy I've been this year, my total hours at the poker table from 1/1/05 to now is about 90. I remember when I use to play almost everyday.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

But why won't you stake David?

Also, David keeps mentioning that Daniel has extra incentive because the Wynn is somehow playing a part in this. Don't you think if David wins there could be promotional benefits for you and your products? This is espeacially true if you choose to bank off of it. I'm sure things would be made public through forums and things like CardPlayer magazine. You could even have WPT commentators talking about the match when discussing something about Daniel or David while they are on T.V.

On the other hand, if David loses, the consequences are mild to none (aside from losing the money put up).

So if David is truly a favorite AND is getting better odds AND has the extra promotional benefit AND you are willing to bet against Daniel at those odds, why don't you stake him?

I assume you already haven't answered this for a reason. Probably because you wouldn't bet that much against Daniel. Although, why don't you split the bet with other two plus two authors or some of your wealthy gambling friends. Surely they are looking for large bets where they can have the best of it, and you have a juicy one awaiting. I'm sure you know people who bet around or more than 10-20K on sports games or other forms of gambling. Why wouldn't they put down the same kind of money down for this +EV oppurtunity?

Lastly, would you play Daniel post June 20 or whenever your schedual frees up?

Just wondering if these haven't been overlooked.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:09 PM

Alright, I stand corrected. Hope you get a vacation soon.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dog:

I am too busy to play for an evening. I'm in the middle of proofreading Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II and it is tough going. We have agreed to do an in store promotion in Borders with this book that starts June 20. For us to make this date, I have to work non-stop the next week to 10 days, and then there can be no printing glitches.

Just to give you a specific of how busy I've been this year, my total hours at the poker table from 1/1/05 to now is about 90. I remember when I use to play almost everyday.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really, really weak. George Bush could put an evening on his calendar sometime in the distant future to play poker. I mean, we all have jobs...
Old 05-15-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel:

By the way, I'm literally crushed with publishing work, Harrington on Hold 'em, Volume II is top priority at the moment. It will be followed by other important books including Theory and Practice of No Limit Hold 'em by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. So I'll only be in Wynn occasionally the next couple of months.

Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Shameless promotion at its best
Old 05-14-2005, 06:13 PM

mr. negrenu would crush all these h0es
Old 05-14-2005, 06:19 PM

Daniel Baldwin
Old 05-14-2005, 07:03 PM

Great to see not much has changed with you over the years.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Daniel,

Why don't you yourself find someone to take a piece of David or Mason (maybe Steve Wynn)? Since neither of them want to play for 100K even with the spot. Of course since David says he won't play at the Wynn out of respect for the Bellagio, and Mason says he is too busy, even that probably wouldn't work.

I do find that these two renowned poker theoreticians talking like heads-up poker is some kind of an alien thing to them to strain credulity.

Best of luck with your future contests.

Frank
Old 05-14-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

Why don't you yourself find someone to take a piece of David or Mason (maybe Steve Wynn)? Since neither of them want to play for 100K even with the spot. Of course since David says he won't play at the Wynn out of respect for the Bellagio, and Mason says he is too busy, even that probably wouldn't work.

I do find that these two renowned poker theoreticians talking like heads-up poker is some kind of an alien thing to them to strain credulity.

Best of luck with your future contests.

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's a tough sell my friend. If they kind find ayone to stake them I don't see how I could?