Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative

My 2 cents:

Amir (i think thats his name) put a lot of work into playerview so that we could all benefit from it. At first, there were donators so he was getting some money, but I think once the few generous people donated, he wasnt going to see any more. I do think he should charge for playerview, but his price is absurd. I dont see why he didnt do $25 or so, i think pretty much everyone here that used it would have paid him, which would have been a couple hundred people im guessing. Terrible decision to do $50.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you people are [censored] retarded if you don't think PV is worth $50

and I highly doubt you're capable of making a program that I'd prefer over PV for $50, or $1000. I'm not settling for cheap alternatives when it comes to this. for $50, which is less than a half hour's work for a lot of players, it's well worth the money

and after all the work Amir put into PV, you really think you'll be able to make something as good?

I also find it funny that every poster I've seen post before (ie people that I know know what they're talking about) have said you're all [censored] morons for bitching about 50 [censored] bucks

I mean, what the [censored]?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Bravo! Stick it to those greedy bastards!

[/ QUOTE ]

greedy? where do you people come from?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you people are [censored] retarded if you don't think PV is worth $50

and I highly doubt you're capable of making a program that I'd prefer over PV for $50, or $1000. I'm not settling for cheap alternatives when it comes to this. for $50, which is less than a half hour's work for a lot of players, it's well worth the money

and after all the work Amir put into PV, you really think you'll be able to make something as good?

I also find it funny that every poster I've seen post before (ie people that I know know what they're talking about) have said you're all [censored] morons for bitching about 50 [censored] bucks

I mean, what the [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it is worth $50 to you, then fine. But dont get angry at people for having opinions. When the guy came up with the price, im sure he reasoned it out and decided that he could get at least half as many people who would pay $50 than the number of people that would pay $25. The guy knew when he was pricing it that not as many people would buy it. He obviously didn't expect every single person that would pay $25 would also pay $50, so im sure he isn't mad at them for not wanted to pay. And if he can't be mad at them, then there is no good reason you can be.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 PM

I'm angry at those who are bad-mouthing Amir, who has put so much time and effort into designing this program. I mean, how could you call the kid greedy? he has done nothing but work and help (including individual help for tons of people), and now these people about btiching about FIFTY FCUKING DOLLARS. he's not the greedy one. the people who want something for nothing are the greedy fucks
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 PM

I have never bad mouthed Amir. I know he's put in a tremendous amount of work on PlayerView, and he's free to price it however he wants. He likely priced it so high due to his affiliate agreement, but that's beside the point.

I don't know why you doubt that I can create an application to rival PlayerView. I've been programming since I was 12 years old. I did it professionaly for 6 years working on multimillion dollar software. Developing software is certainly one thing I can do well.

What functionality does PlayerView offer that is so wonderful to be worth $50? It reads from PokerTracker's database and prints it onto the Poker window. That's basically all it does. I'm not saying it doesn't do it well, because it does. Just please don't say it's some huge complicated piece of software. I can get the same information PlayerView gives me by opening my player notes. I can't duplicate the functionality that PokerTracker gives me.

No, $50 isn't a lot of money to me. I gladly shelled out $55 for PokerTracker. PokerTracker is an extremely complicated, feature rich application, well worth the cost. PlayerView is not. That's what this boils down to. I'm not greedy, nor am I cheap. I do, however, believe that people need an alternative to PlayerView. Some of us believe in paying what something is worth, and a lot of us don't feel PlayerView is worth $50.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:00 PM

I would guess that PV is more technically complicated code than is PT.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm angry at those who are bad-mouthing Amir, who has put so much time and effort into designing this program. I mean, how could you call the kid greedy?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, ladies and gentleman, greed is good. Greed works, greed is right. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed in all its forms, greed for life, money, love, knowledge has marked the upward surge in mankind – and greed, mark my words – will save not only Teldar Paper but the other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 PM

What makes you think PlayerView is more complicated than PokerTracker?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:40 AM

I'd like to be able to use it for SnG's., thats the main thing missing from GT+, IMO