Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Tiger is running bad.

[ QUOTE ]
wouldnt be suprised to see a 66 or better tomarrrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might gag if this happens.

Personally, I'm hoping for more drives into the pine needles and putts into hazards.

As an aside, does anybody wonder if Lanny Wadkins ever gets tired of talking about Tiger Woods? His head is so far up Tiger's ass I'm sure he can easily read the fine print on Tiger's liver. I can't [censored] stand listening to it.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Masters Tourney Thread

Play wasn't suspended due to the rain so much as the lightning that accompanied the rain..

It's not very safe what with the metal rods they're holding in large open fields, not to mention the occasional tree
Old 04-08-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, does anybody wonder if Lanny Wadkins ever gets tired of talking about Tiger Woods? His head is so far up Tiger's ass I'm sure he can easily read the fine print on Tiger's liver. I can't [censored] stand listening to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wadkins is a douche. They should put McCord as the head commentator. Shit, I'd rather listen to Dottie Pepper than Wadkins.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wadkins is a douche. They should put McCord as the head commentator. [censored], I'd rather listen to Dottie Pepper than Wadkins.

[/ QUOTE ]

McCord is not allowed...anyway, he'd be doing 16 or 17 if he could be there.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McCord is not allowed...anyway, he'd be doing 16 or 17 if he could be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, forgot about that. He should replace Wadkins at every other tournament, though.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Going to be there =-)

I'm going to the round tommorow, Saturday, should be a nice day for some golf. It's my first trip to the Augusta National, so if any of you have been, give me some suggestions on things that I must see.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Round 2

[ QUOTE ]
NEWSFLASH: TaylorMade didn't invent it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I can't recall another mainstream club that had 4 removeable weights, that you can mix around to get a different ball flight. Maybe I'm forgetting one?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:30 PM

Tiger's putt and Toms' non-putt got the most airtime from Round 1 (from what I saw) but I liked Allenby's reaction to his pushed putt on 16. He hits a super-fast downhiller past the hole, and then sees it's not going to stop, so he just starts walking towards the water.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:44 PM

What was up with the thing about a fan calling the PGA about some random rules violation in that short Tiger putt? The PGA actually listens to those? That's damn unfair to Tiger.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was up with the thing about a fan calling the PGA about some random rules violation in that short Tiger putt? The PGA actually listens to those? That's damn unfair to Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has happened in the past. I can't recall the golfer, but I remember there was a tournament a few years back where someone waited too long to tap in a putt that was on the edge of the hole, and it fell in on its own. He got DQed for signing a wrong scorecard.

Andy North had a good rant about that on Sportscenter. He talked about how ridiculous it is that golf is the only sport where the fans can call in and complain about a possible rules violation, and potentially change the outcome. He said it would be like basketball fans being able to call in about a blown call. I think he has a point, because each group has a marker walking with them, kind of a ref in a way.