Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Teachers ARE overpaid and lazy....

Thanks. Its "Zionist Occupied Government," because clearly, by virtue of being a Jew, one is automatically a Zionist, and further, in control of the UN, the Senate and the track-and-field judging of the '95 County meet.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:08 AM

You know that without me, Sup Bro would be nothing.

I was on the board that named him all county in 95. Feldstein and I.

Anyone who thinks that Jews run the UN in this day and age are idiots.

Anyone who thinks that the Jews run the Senate is an idiot as well.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:15 AM

Anyone who thinks that the Jews run the Senate is an idiot as well.

Well lets not be too hasty.....
Old 03-14-2005, 10:17 AM

This is true, they have the longest holidays out of any profession (except the unemployed) and still whine about getting an average salary......

Case study: my old teacher a Mr R.Rowe was the laziest teacher around he would rely on our sets natural intelligence to get us through the exams he was one lazy bastard.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

. If you continue to spew false info. I'm gonna start blocking your posts...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I already did it
Old 03-14-2005, 11:57 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
This is true, they have the longest holidays out of any profession (except the unemployed) and still whine about getting an average salary......

Case study: my old teacher a Mr R.Rowe was the laziest teacher around he would rely on our sets natural intelligence to get us through the exams he was one lazy bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know. My roommate ate some of my food earlier this week. But, you know, it's just because black people always steal stuff.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 PM

How? Teachers are shitty because they are undereducated. Their jobs resemble the responsibility of babysitting. Have an undergraduate degree is a joke and it in no way gives you the ability to teach. *At least not with the standards of our Canadian universities.

The problem with the education system is that a lot of teachers have a lack a fundemental theoritical understandings of their material. This often leads to them trying to teach you how you can do well on the upcomming test rarther than you actually learning and being able to retain an understanding of the material. Nobody i knew through school could ever re-write a test a week after they took it. What does that say about what they learned?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Well, Im glad at least a few people have the cohones to come out and say that they feel teachers are overpaid....it seems that in the US the teachers union propaganda machine has carried the day with alot of respondents to my thread just spewing of "I hate you bc you dissed teachers" responses.

Not much substance at all was found in those responses that criticized me....in fact nothing meaningful (say data)was shared to refute what I actually said in the beginning which was that in my experience, where I lived, teachers were overpaid(I provided a figure)...and lazy. I was roundly rebuffed in another thread for saying so I was told several times that my figures were not even possible and that teachers were vastly underpaid as a rule and was challenged to "prove" what I had asserted. When I did, those who should then have simply said: "Ok perhaps teachers where you live are a bit overpaid but most are not look at this data I have.." Chose to forgo any further rational discussion and immediately chastise me for daring to challenge the sacrosanct teachers of America.

Some of the responses actually make no logical sense; like someone mentioning that a techer he knew performed labor in the summers...I mean ceretainly that was his choice and he was PAID seperately to do so, so im not sure of what relevance that would be to the discussion. Another poster said that teachers typically need an extra like 15 hours to grade papers a week..Im not sure where he went to school or what subjects he took but at my school many of the courses gave scantron exams(e.g. AP biology) so grading took exactly 2 seconds per student per exam graded...you can do the math on that. I would say even my AP English Lit teacher probably needed no more than 5-10 hours a weeks to grade papers and since he had like 2 off periods a day he could easily cover this without taking any significant amount of work home.

In closing I would say:

We all have had teachers who weve likes and that have been beneficial in our development; but lets not allow personal feelings of affection cloud the fact that teachers have a MUCH less stressful and results oriented job than most Americans. Teachers also have gobs of vacation time perhaps 4X-5X as much as a typical white collar worker...and enjoy state pension funds guaranteed by the taxpayers of the state in which they work which are almost unparalelled in their generosity when compared to those retirement packages offered in the private sector.\\

Whether you personally believe teachers are overpaid or not I dont think the proper way to debate the point is to violently attack someone who asserts that they are as it makes those who claim that the teachers unions have brainwashed alot of Americans seem more and more right.

Plz note I should have specified HS teachers in the subject of my first post.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:06 PM

For what its worth, my girlfriend is teaching right now in the South Bronx. She gets to work everyday at 7, and is up until 12 midnight, everynight. This is not an exagerration. She grades and does paperwork all weekend, and sometimes has nothing to do on Sundays if shes lucky.

Scantron? Her class doesnt even have textbooks, except for Math. Her science curriculum handed down by the Board of Ed consisted of them telling her "teach them about the 'weather'". Forcing her to go out and develop a weather curriculum from scratch. ALL work, tests, homeworks dittos' etc are photocopied, thousands each month. Mostly this is done outside work at her expense. In fact, shes spent over $1300 of her own money this year buying her own reference materials and making photocopies since the school wont provide it. Thankfully, she gets 200 back from the city, and can write off something like 400 on her taxes, whew!

Additionally, there is the danger everyday at work, that a kid is sporting a gun, knife, or some other weapon. A local gang also tried to burn down the school one day as well. On Halloween, teachers were advised to go home immediately as that is gang initiation day and the past year, a teacher was taken up into a building anf THROWN out the window. Pretty sweet.

Her salary is currently 40 thousand dollars a year, living in NY, which is basically nothing. After 2 Masters degrees, her raise will be to something like 48,000 or so.

She took the job because she wanted to make a difference, not because she wanted the summers off. She left a 6 figure a year job to teach BECAUSE SHE CARES about the education and future of these children as they are headed nowhere but the corner or jail if they are not educated.

She is not lazy, and works harder than anyone I know, or have ever met. Before I get the typical talking point responses to this, let me say that bashing and denigrating teachers is an horrid thing to do and anyone who does is a lower life form in my eyes. You all make me sick.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:05 PM

She is not lazy, and works harder than anyone I know, or have ever met. Before I get the typical talking point responses to this, let me say that bashing and denigrating teachers is an horrid thing to do and anyone who does is a lower life form in my eyes. You all make me sick

I respect that you love your GF...and if she works hard for little pay then she deserves a raise..(im sorry is she even a HS teacher??)

Its the 2nd part of what you are saying here that alot of people resent...techers are like everyone else and if the deserve criticism or a chastising people should feel free to speak up without being afraid of this sort of illogical aggression.

There are no talking points...I speak what I perceive to be the truth in MY COMMUNITY, AMONG THE TEACHERS I ENCOUNTERED.

When I stated how much my community teachers made for what amounts to 70% of a work year I was roundly censured and called a liar by people like you. I then provided evidence as per several sarcastic requests...and then was roundly criticized again.