Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Tipping

There are a couple at Canterbury that I do not tip becayuse they aheve repeatedly failed to say thank you. There are a couple more that I refuse to tip because they are incredible nits when they play. There are also a couple that I tip $2 a pot because they are both efficient and friendly.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 PM

I play 3/6 and 2-10 hold'em games. If I'm winning and the pot is over fifty dollars I tip a dollar. For pots under fifty I don't tip. Also I won't ever tip if I'm stuck requardless of the size of the pot.

Poker dealers do not deserve to be paid $30+/hr in tips on top of the hourly wage they earn. IMO.

In tight low limit games it's hard enough to beat the rake let alone excessive tipping. I've played in games w/ a 10% drop and a $3 per pot cap where only one or two players show a small profit after a few hours. A typical buy-in for the 3/6 games I play is a rack of $100 in white chips. The drop alone busts one player every hour.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting thread - we never tip like this in the UK - might tip as I leave IF i have won, but every pot? just eats into my (meagre) bankroll.
as for the dealers making a living - its their choice at the end of the day to do that job, if someone is good at their job then I can see the reasoning, but to tip someone 'just because' is bonkers, why tip for crap service?

see I am gonna need to take a little extra bankroll when I go to Vegas

cheers

Damian

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but you guys pay $15 an hour in time charges