Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: LONG - AC Trip Report - AKA Hotel Bonus Whoring w/2+2ers

[ QUOTE ]
I am always very suprised when anyone calls me cool. If you are not messing with me, thanks.

TT is very much the hustler in the best sense of the word. Something is always happening when you are around this guy. If you want picture him and I hanging out, think Trent and Mike from Swingers with TT in the Vince Vaughn role, of course. Highlight: getting to ride shotgun in the TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I said it... Scrub confirmed it. Thats good enough for me!

A) I want in at your Astoria mixed games table. I will suck out like a good fish, and pay for every lesson cause I suck at poker with more than two pocket cards.

B) Next home game I have, you are a MUST attendee.

C) I have two words for you... it begins with Wall, and ends with Street. We come to crush.

I've got your number now, we will hang again. I promise. You were a fantastic wing man!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 12:03 AM

First, I just want to thank you guys for making me aware of the event. I was heading down anyway, so being a EP/PP player I invited myself. Actually managed to win one of the drawings on the third round (they kept saying $250 but the email confimation before the trip said $220. Who knows as I just got home and it has not shown up yet.).
Second, I have to thank you guys for wearing the name tags. Reading about it on the forums was funny, however when you showed up with them I fell out.
Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Good seeing CCx again, one of these times we'll have to sit together. I also got to meet MaxPower, and we sat the 20/40 for some time this weekend before he decided to pop into a 1/2 NL game for some excitement. Was nice playing with you, I'm sure we'll run into each other again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] BTW, did you not like my action inducing acting with the turned flush smoothcall going for the overcalls? The "bad" part is that you mentioned it...but I really don't think any of them even understood it except for the guy that stayed in and I raised on the river. Where's my Emmy?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I didn't mean to tip them off to one of your secrets with which you dominate the game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Don't worry, they probably didn't notice your act and won't remember it if they did. I don't think the acting was really necessary to generate action from those guys.

I do like your table image in general though.

[ QUOTE ]

I also had an great opportunity to play with another player for quite a few hours, whom MaxPower labeled as "FEARLESS" in his play. I would say MaxPower was spot on in his read, as playing with this guy was just awesome. We had some excellent conversations and he was quite genuine in sharing his knowledge of playing and as well as opinions on players around the room. Was great sitting next to him, he was clearly a better player than I (and hands down everyone else at the table), and had some great insight into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though he was somewhat loose and aggressive when I played with him, he clearly was a "thinking" player. He could be one of these people who has "It". I think there are parts of his game that are very good, but I wonder if he earns more or less than those who play in a more traditional manner. I'd be curoius what he thought of me. He probably thinks I'm weak tight, which compared to him is true.

We played 4-handed for about 25 minutes and I was starting to get a little frustrated after the 3rd time he rivered me. Then we were 5-handed and this hand came up. I open-raised from the button with KJo, he 3-bet from the BB, I called. The flop was K J 9. He check-raised, I called. The turn was a 6. He bet, I raised. He said, "Did I run into the nuts this time?" He thought and then called. The river was an Ace. He said, "let's see if you have the nuts" and bet. I said, "I think you outdrew me again" and called. He showed A6. I wonder if he would have folded to a raise?

He started criticizing me for waiting for the turn to raise. I think was just trying to get under my skin. It got a little tense, but despite all that I liked the guy and enjoyed playing with him.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Do not forget this gem of a story with Archie...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=14&fpart=
Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 AM

(scary.... but fun none the less).

Scary for who? Not my opponents. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I either folded or lost on the river. I made about 5 value bets that had no value in them.

Opinions on the 6/12 table texture?

You had a tough table your first go of it. James (Nike hat) plays very well.

Our table had some soft seats. I would call it a typical game.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 AM

(scary.... but fun none the less).

Scary for who? Not my opponents. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I either folded or lost on the river. I made about 5 value bets that had no value in them.

Opinions on the 6/12 table texture?

You had a tough table your first go of it. James (Nike hat) plays very well.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:49 AM

* Met Mike Gallo (who apparently doesn't exist),

Mike Gallo: Do you have on a Dawkins jersey
CCX: Yea
Mike Gallo: What's up CCX
CCX: Who are you?
Mike Gallo: It doesnt matter who I am, I know who you are. I do not say another word.
I take out the notebook and pyramid and CCX makes me.

* MG takes me aside and says "do you want to move tables, this one kind of sucks" - I say "naw, these guys are terrible, let's stay" - about an hour later we convene again and MG says "you're right this table really sucks" - i'm pretty sure the whole table heard, but it didn't matter - they really really really sucked, REAL bad. As Homer Simpson would put it "the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked"

At first the table played very tight. It loosened up as the day wore on.

Sat next to MG for a few hours, played some good hands, played some bad hands, won most of them and was up 40BB in a few hours. Notable CCx vs. MG vs. old guy hand (after i moved two seats away from MG) - holding AhKd, raised and called MG's 3-bet preflop, old guy in between came with us too. I don't remember all of the flop details, but there were 2 diamonds. Bet out, called MG's raise, turn is another diamond. Check bet call, river is another diamond - I lead out betting and MG disgustedly flips over KK. Apologies for chasing a dream ensued, but AK is at least a nice starting hand and wasn't like Ad3c or something of that nature

I three bet from my big blind with KK. Archie called. You called three of us see the flop

Flop brings 2 diamonds and low cards

I check Archie checks CCX bets I raise Archie calls CCX calls.

Turn brings a diamond.

I bet all call.

River is a diamond for four diamonds on the board and CCX's burps his fifth Heineken of the day. I checked Archie checked and CCX bet. I forget about Archie and showed CCX my KK by mucking face up. Archie says I call and shows down pocket 10's. CCX had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the rivered flush. Ni han sir [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I put you on AQ or AJ with the Ace of diamonds.

* TT's claim of beer breath has to be right on, I'm surprised I didn't have beer leaking from my pores - if my one weakness at the Borgata is the free Heineken, then I guess I'll have to live with it. I lost count at 10

You drink way too much when you play. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Tiger123...what can I say. I have to coexist with the guy. I know he acts like a jerk, however he helps my bottom line. Since I always act like the nicest guy at the table and I do a lot of laughing,I counter balance him in my game. I usually just do what I did and the table turns on him in a second. Did you like how I started the mutiny against Tiger from our table. Archie wanted to pull Tiger by his tail. I did inform the floor people about his seat hijacking.

Played more poker, but mostly watched football.

I had to stop at this point. I could not play poker and watch the Jets game. I did get very vocal.

I had a good time meeting up also. We will get together again.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(scary.... but fun none the less). You had a tough table your first go of it. James (Nike hat) plays very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

James just gets under my skin, nothing more. I have played with him at least 6-7 times now, but he is always to full of himself to remember me. I'm usually the only guy at the table he thinks twice about before pushing me around. But what gets under my skin about him is his attitude and voice. I must admit, he has put me on tilt once before, and I am always hesitant to sit next to him ever since. Funny, because they ALWAYS sit us down next to him, its as if I always sit to his right. In fact this past weekend I sat to his right TWICE!

Luckilly James was on his best behavior, on a scale of 1-5 he was only a 2 on the annoying scale.

I'd like to add a small note... I actually enjoy it when he puts others on tilt.. but I hate it when it affects me.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mike Gallo: It doesnt matter who I am, I know who you are. I do not say another word.

[/ QUOTE ]
So apparently you introduce yourself to everyone this way? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had to stop at this point. I could not play poker and watch the Jets game. I did get very vocal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naaaaaaaa...... you were the quietest person who looks like Mike Gallo I have ever met. All the screaming and yelling sounded like Mike Gallo.... but you were sitting there quietly playing poker. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]