Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Post to Sklanksy: Can we clean up this forum please? *PETITION*

If everyone made use of the "ignore user" feature we would all find our forum experience more enjoyable, no matter what side of a particular debate you happen to be on.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Post to Sklanksy: Can we clean up this forum please? *PETITION*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To make the argument that it is "fascist" to ask someone whom you find annoying to leave your residence is to belittle the plight of those who actually dealt with *real* fascism in its time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what got me really aggravated. Good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I simply can't stand when people throw around buzzwords like "fascist." The linguistic implications are scary.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Some notes on the post perhaps the last word??*

[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle nowone was asking your dumb ass to "forgive" me I just said given the way people feel about Raymer it was silly to make the post and expect a reasonable response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a relatively new member to this forum, but from what I can tell by reading old posts, Raymer was a *very* well respected poster long before his WSOP victory (deservedly so, I might add, based on what I've read; I've learned a lot of valuable advice by reading his posts). I think that explains why many posters are so eager to defend him.

I also think that many posters (including me) are tired of the same old "Raymer isn't all that great just because he won the WSOP" threads, which explains many of their reactions to them.

Also, you need to consider the way you phrased your original post, in which you questioned whether Raymer was "overrated" on this forum. That type of post is bound to generate emotional responses, because it is a vague, personal question, rather than an analytical one. If you had questioned the way Raymer played a certain hand, I think the response would have been different from many posters.

These points, among other things, might explain why you didn't receive the "reasonable" responses you would have liked when you made your original post.