Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: 4.7BB/100 - Sample Size ?

[ QUOTE ]
12k hands. 26% VPIP, 15% PFR

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll need 10x that many hands and a winrate of at least 4.5 BB/100 to convince anyone around here that you're beating the game for more than 4BB/100.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:43 AM

So Sklansky writes that you can earn 1.5-2 BB/hr at 20/40 (whats that, 50 hands and hour at best?) Yet it is unbelievable that I can win 4bb/100 at 2/4.

I wonder exactly what DS and NPA meant when then said you should be crushing the low limit games and that solid player can make $50k a year at low limit. I didnt think they meant you needed to play 120 hours a week.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:43 AM

I have had a 10k hand stretch where I won over 7BB/100.
This is not uncommon. It is also likely not sustainable.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the outset let me assure you that we do NOT take screen shots NOR do we have any screen shots of players desktop with us, and no information that is recorded would ever be used by us without the players consent. Further, please check our Terms and Conditions of Use available on our website. Please check Clause 6, Clause 7, Clause 17 and Clause 18 (viii).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised no one has brought this up yet. Didn't multiple cheaters at the Winholdem forums find screenshots of their desktop inside their party folders?

Regardless, I think it's just stupid to say you can't program a poker bot. I mean hell, you could program a bot to identify the nuts, only play suited aces and pocket pairs, and not bet unless it hit the flop hard. You don't necessarily have to program a bot that can semi-bluff or check-raise to make it a winning player. You can play incredibly simple poker against the poorer players at party and still make money. Sure, you're not maximizing your winnings, but wtf do you care, you're sleeping while your bot is making money for you. It would appear that the big argument is this: Programming a winning poker bot is easy with proper knowledge of both fields; programming a perfect poker bot is near impossible.

Freakin
Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 AM

Im not here to convince anyone how much I win, I could care less if it's believable or not actually. On that note, I think you need to be beating party 2/4 for MORE then 2bb/100 to call yourself good.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could care less if it's believable or not actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning 4.7BB/100 over 12k hands is very believeable actually.
I don't know why anyone would doubt that you have done this.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Bot complaint

i think you might have missed the point that Faith Allen is the bot running the whole show out of Mike Sexton's garage:

"hi alerts

i was just reading a post in a forum about the possibility of bots playing at party

do bots play at party?

thanks"

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

This message is to inform you that as part of our initiative to block artificial intelligence or prohibited software/programs that might give players an undue
advantage over the other players on the table, we have proceeded to monitor and block the use of such software/programs from running in conjunction with our
PartyPoker.com client.

As a part of our Technical Teams continued efforts to render such applications and software/programs useless we have a security feature in place to detect the usage of the same. We would not be in a position to elaborate on this security measure for obvious reasons.

Further, please check our Terms and Conditions of Use available on our website. Please check Clause 6, Clause 7, Clause 17 and Clause 18 (viii).

http://www.PartyPoker.com/about_us/l...formation.html

We have proactively implemented security measures to identify and block PokerBot applications from running in conjunction with our poker software. As part of this initiative we have implemented technical changes that would ensure that any such applications and software/programs are identified, detected and rendered useless.

Michael, we hope you understand our concerns in keeping up the fairness of our games and thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in keeping up the spirit of the game and the integrity of our online poker card room.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Faith Allen
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com

Faith Allen
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com

Faith Allen
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com

Faith Al
Old 12-06-2004, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not here to convince anyone how much I win, I could care less if it's believable or not actually. On that note, I think you need to be beating party 2/4 for MORE then 2bb/100 to call yourself good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, what do you think of the future for online poker? Do you think measures will be put in place to deter bots, such as "type in this distorted text" that places like yahoo use to prevent automated signups (although a human could sit around and do that).

If you're going to come off as a member of the intellectual elite and brag about your winrate, you may want to read this thread first.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:50 AM

Bots do play on Party, and I'm not talking about WinHoldEm either, that is a steaming turd of a bot. The problem is that Party cannot admit to the problem as it would be a PR nightmare. Think how much money Party would lose by admitting that Poker AI exists on their site. It's like when a bank gets hacked into, it's much easier to just keep it quiet than to prosecute those who have gotten away with it. The most hillarious part of bot discussions however, is posts like these which assume a bot would be detectable due to obvious errors in game play. This is not true.

Edited: Just wanted to throw one other thing out there. The bots being used are not some kid in his basement either. We are talking large dollar amounts in profts and extortion for silence.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:12 AM

BusterStacks,
That's not a bot, that's just me playing, I promise... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co