Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Why Jacksonville Must Cover!

I saw the line on the Indy/Jacks set at (Indy a fav -3.5). This is a sucker line if I have ever seen one. Lets take a look at the facts shall we.

Peyton Manning 3 games 904 yds passing 9 TDS
Byron Leftwich 3 games 391 yds passing 3 TDS

Edggerin James 3 games 328 yds rushing 3 TDS
Fred Taylor 3 games 210 yds rushing 0 TDS

Marv Harrison 3 games 207 yds recieve 2 TDs
Jimmy Smith 3 games 210 yds recieve 0 TDS

Now by just taking a brief look at the top three offensive player stats of these two teams you would think INDY would cover this game easily. But it just cant happen for the simple reason that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Any moron can see that Indy is such a better team than Jacksonville, so why is the line so low? Why is Indy only favored by 3 points? It is a sucker bet to trap the novice into betting on Indy. Do you really think people just want to give you easy money.

The bottom line is if the line dont make sense you must bet the opposite side. If NE was 30 point underdogs to Cincy, you would have to take Cincy to cover.

How many times have you lost a lock because you knew a team was way better than the other, yet you still bet the better team to cover and they lost? Happens all the time.
I.E. Jacks vs Denver week 2. Denver goes off in week one, Jacks wins a very ugly game in week one. So all the novices dump their money on Denver to destroy Jacksonville in week 2 because the line was only Den -3. Well we all know the outcome of that sucker bet. Jacks win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is just my opinion. Flame away if you must. Jesus