Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Give Arieh a Break

[ QUOTE ]
The icing on the cake was when he whispers to David Williams "Wax the Mother F_____!!" on national T.V.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i thought i was hearing things . hes a good player but an a##hole.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: What is this, golf? Tennis?

[ QUOTE ]
You really have no idea what class is do you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do you have to be nice all the time? Since when is poker a snobb game/sport such as golf or tennis? But I can't convince you that poker players are allowed to be angry if they lose because you're convinced that everyone must act like a boring 60 year old snobb. It's like trying to convince a gay guy that a sexy woman is really hot. He won't be convinced because he knows he's right. You're that gay guy.

I don't care if people are boring (no emotions when they win/lose) or angry/happy when they lose/win. Why do you care?
Old 09-15-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Can you imagine...

That would be great if it were calculated. I see no reason to think it was.

If someone shows up at the table not having showered for a week, some people might commend him for having found a tactic to distract his opponents and get them off their game. Other people might just find him smelly.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is poker remember, where psychology matters! Similar to football when linemen talk trash to one another to try and gain an edge over eachother. Perhaps Arieh was trying to get the other players off their game and pissed off. By doing so, he makes them start playing angry when in a hand with him. GIVING HIM AN EDGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Many of his comments were made out of the earshot of his opponents, so they would have very little affect on them.

B) Being competitive doesn't preclude one from acting with a bit of class. Compare someone like Steve Largent or Jerry Rice to Terrell Owens or Joe Horn or Keyshawn Johnson for a football example.

C) Even if all his comments were made within earshot of everyone (instead of snidely behind their backs, were they would hear them months later- what a goddamned coward) to give him an edge, it is still a base, classless way to play.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:58 PM

Too bad Greg was so polite and gentlemanly at the entire tournament. He musta had no edge at all I guess?

Poor behavior is for assholes. Those who applaud poor behavior are therefore...
Old 09-15-2004, 03:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I already fell for his apology on RGP, it will not happen again. The guy has absolutely no class and comes off looking like a damn fool on TV. He is the bazarro Greg Raymer, Raymer is a guy with pure class.
Arieh is a putz.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the exact same thing. arieh is like the complete opposite of raymer. his actions speak for themselves, but you know that espn can choose what they put on the air, and they probably wanted to paint a picture of a battle between good and evil at the final table.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All this post proves is that you are an ass too. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me the check in the mail, or meet me at the poker table and I'll win the money that way. You play limit hold 'em $0.05/$0.10? I'm sure I've seen you there when laughing at the losers. I'll still win $1000 from you at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really have no clue. I thought your first post proved you were an ass. But now you've confirmed it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And no I don't play .05/.10 and never have, so that wasn't me that you're sure you saw. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2004, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You really have no idea what class is do you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do you have to be nice all the time? Since when is poker a snobb game/sport such as golf or tennis? But I can't convince you that poker players are allowed to be angry if they lose because you're convinced that everyone must act like a boring 60 year old snobb. It's like trying to convince a gay guy that a sexy woman is really hot. He won't be convinced because he knows he's right. You're that gay guy.

I don't care if people are boring (no emotions when they win/lose) or angry/happy when they lose/win. Why do you care?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are allowed to be a**holes, yes. But most people don't like a**holes, the reason being: a**holes are a**holes. The fact that you defend those actions and suggest if you were in the situation you would act a lot worse really reflects badly on you. But you seem to think that bein an a**hole is perfectly fine. If you feel that way then there is no point in explaining it to you.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you know that espn can choose what they put on the air, and they probably wanted to paint a picture of a battle between good and evil at the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, ESPN has to make it interesting for new viewers but, Arieh placed himself in that situation by running his mouth knowing cameras were nearby, then you got guys like Raymer who go above and beyond the word class and make Arieh look even worse. How about John Murphy, that dudes so quiet I expected them to check him for a pulse.

Hell, I love watching guys like this, it gives you someone to root against. I will go on record saying the guys a putz but I do like it when the Arieh's, Matasows &amp; Helmuths of the world are playing.

Could this screw up any possible promo deals for Arieh? I would think that if someone was interested in him before they most likey wouldn't even approcah him now. His stock has definately dropped in value since these episodes aired.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:39 PM

His name is cowpie...just another way of saying bulls**t.