Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: MicroLimit Personal Progress...All Posters Post

Yeah I remember you telling me about that streak. I'm not worried about it, it was bound to come anyways. Plus, I even made a small profit tonight.

As for Red_Rain's comment: Everything I've read on this site has said that anything over 5BB/100 (and that's even good) is very unrealistic over the long term, though I'm not complaining about 7BB/100, I'm only at 3K hands or so.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:00 AM

Well it's wrong. I think .5/1 can be beat over the long term for over 5 BB/100. Also depends on what is considered long term. If 30k or 50k is long enough at one level.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 AM

I honestly think 10k and 3k and 5k and the like numbers you're using are just too small to judge with; certainly to make definitive statements with.

For some people, even 4 hands will be representative of their overall win rate for the rest of their life, but for most, a few K or even 10k hands provide just a small glimpse. And maybe a heartening implication.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:39 AM

Your thoughts are valid, I guess I'm just taking from my experience of over 50k hands tracked on what I think are educated guesses.

Also what numbers of mine are you quoting? Or are you talking about my thoughts about beating .5/1 at over 5 BB/100 long term?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I think back. I am glad I played 10k hands at 1/2 even though I had troubles seeing why I should play this level when it's not the best money maker nor the easiest game to beat. It made the transition to 2/4 very easy and seems to help me crush the 2/4 game. I'm at over 6 BB/100 for the first ~5k hands here. If I were to just count the 2/4 since I've switched instead of the times when I poked in when I wasn't ready (I'm talking about when I would take stabs versus when I moved to full time 2/4 4-tabling) I would be at 8.22 BB/100 for ~3800 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's strange, but for me, playing a rock garden actually makes it harder to play the loose games. I've been having trouble not going for tricky plays and trying to bluff people out, which was great at PS .25/.50 (which was very tight). There I had to squeak every last BB out of each hand, so you couldn't just sit back and wait for the idiots to bet into you and drag a monster pot. Instead, I find myself trying for force people out, which of course never works at loose tables. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it again...
Old 07-22-2004, 01:20 AM

At .5/1 be careful about trying to get tricky. These players don't won't fold. It's weird to hear something below .5/1 being tight. I never played below .5/1 so I wouldn't know. Welcome to your cash pool at .5/1
Old 07-22-2004, 01:33 AM

I cashed out from online games just after registering poker tracker due to an overwhelming urge to be social and play B&M. Since that urge has now passed I'm launching my new go at .50/1.00 with a fresh $300 BR. I'll let you know how it goes.

First week Won Avg Hand BB/ Hand
1,833 Hands $73.51 .04 .04

BB/100
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 PM

Well, of course my previous post about how well I was doing at PP .5/1 was bound to curse me, especially since I pulled some money out of my account as well.

I've been on a absolutely terrible run lately. I now dread getting AA, because I know it's going to get cracked (losing .25BB/hand on it now). I'm also barely breaking even on sets -- seems like I always see straights at showdown.

After 2K hands at .5/1, I've dropped to 4BB/100 -- I'm thinking that maybe I should drop back to .25/.50 to get my confidence back until my copy of SSH shows up. I'm also thinking that maybe I'm being overly agressive on the flop -- my rating is 2.05, which seems a bit high, considering my overall agression is only 1.03.

This rollercoaster ride is going to be the death of me!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:12 AM

It's been about a week..so i guess i'll update.

Still winning. I'm trying 2 hit 80 bucks before i move up to the .10/.20 cent tables... 80 bucks is double my initial deposit. So moving up then will be a big reward. Curently, I have almost hit $70.

wooo hooo
Old 07-24-2004, 02:19 AM

2K is too small a sample size to judge your BB/100. Any sort of downswing would cripple it, and any upswing would make it skyrocket. Your AA doesn't mean a thing either with that small a size as your have probably only been dealt that hand 10 times. Don't look too much into those statistics until you have a sizable hand history.