Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: My three step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

If ACPlayer agrees with my ideas then I know that I am on the right track. He has a very keen insight into these issues.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:16 PM

Actually, NT, Natedogg and Coffeecrazy are right. My comparison was between the appeasement before WWII and the appeasement offered in Dead's plan. I used the example because it is rather famous for showing that trying to appease crazy people does not work. It's unfortunate that you read that to be a comparison of Iraq/WWII. Hope that cleared it up.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Interesting, since AC and zorro boy are the only ones who argee while the rest seem to think your plan is retarded.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, since AC and zorro boy are the only ones who argee while the rest seem to think your plan is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your plan is retarded. Your fat, Republican, white man, Bush loving, SUV filling plan is [censored] dumb, and you know it.

You are partially to blame for the death of the 1800 soldiers. You will go to hell for that.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:35 PM

Instead of just asking the state leaders a reporter from national television here (Norway) went to a Al-Qaida friendly mosque in Pakistan and interviewed people on their way from friday prayer and asked what they thought of the terrorist attack in London.

Basically the main theme in their responses (this was an extremist mosque so it does not reflect average opinion) were that the attack was just a retaliation for American (!) murderers of moslems. One said that the American military's target is to kill all moslems and all others seemed to agree. Not difficult to imagine that that mosque will produce a terrorist. Do anybody here think that this kind of sentiment would be possible without US forces in the middle east/Afghanistan?

I am not supporting isolationism in the kind that Dead preaches, but his plan would work.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:37 PM

You are confusing a software firewall, with ideological firewalls.

Not too surprising;-)
Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM

Well, doing this unilaterally would be the stupidest stuff in the world. The government does negotiate with terrorists however, as all governments do. Still, if Al-Qaida is run effectively in any way, shape, or form, they must know that they must demand something out of the US that the US can give, like all guerilla warfare units and terrorists.

The the IRA and Lebanon are good examples of what I show above.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of just asking the state leaders a reporter from national television here (Norway) went to a Al-Qaida friendly mosque in Pakistan and interviewed people on their way from friday prayer and asked what they thought of the terrorist attack in London.

Basically the main theme in their responses (this was an extremist mosque so it does not reflect average opinion) were that the attack was just a retaliation for American (!) murderers of moslems. One said that the American military's target is to kill all moslems and all others seemed to agree. Not difficult to imagine that that mosque will produce a terrorist. Do anybody here think that this kind of sentiment would be possible without US forces in the middle east/Afghanistan?

I am not supporting isolationism in the kind that Dead preaches, but his plan would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head. But let's let the stupid Republicans in my country keep thinking that they hate us because we have lots of money and freedom.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:49 PM

Good answer. It's nice to know I can still push your buttons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. But perhaps you'd like to explain to me how appeasing irrational people will cause them to suddenly become rational and stop ALL terrorist attacks against America. I've already given a famous example of appeasement failing horribly. All you've given us is this "well, if they do it after that we'll just go back to killing them" approach. If this is the case, why even bother following your plan, since it most certainly will not work? Furthermore, explain to me why extremist muslims should dictate American foreign policy as opposed to Americans.

I believe you started this thread to re-iterate (for the umpteenth time) that you hate Israel and hope it is pushed into the sea. And to repeat for the umpteenth-squared time that you're jewish.

On a final note, I liked that crack at blaming me for 1,800 servicemen's sacrfices. Especially since I wasn't old enough to vote in 2000 and regardless of who I voted for in 04, we'd still be in Iraq today.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 PM

And I have given examples of appeasement working, in situations much more like the ones we have now as compared to WWII.