Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Should I give up online poker?

[ QUOTE ]
If you have to ask then the answer is yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn what? How to not get sucked out on?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously this is the most important skill to learn when playing interweb poker. but seriously though, if you can understand that you got 'sucked out' then surely you must know a little bit about odds...right?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:45 PM

I agree with the general sentiment of 'how can you still think online is rigged?'.

But I wanted to point out that on the PPM cruise I met some players (and overheard many many more) who are convinced that the cards on party "don't run right" or that after you cash-out it's completely obvious they make you lose so that you have to deposit again.
One of the players who was telling me this and was most convinced about it had been on the party-cruise in 3 of the last 4 years...so that indicates that he has been playing for 4 years (and he swears that the incorrectness of the cards have now gotten so bad that he's definitely not going to play there again...although I suspect he's told himself this before only to renege on his vow).

I suspect there are many many players who have played on party or stars (or wherever) off-and-on for 2, 3 or 4 years (or more) who are just as convinced as Gabbyyyy that the cards are somehow 'rigged' or 'not right'.

Not saying that this is a correct way of thinking....just pointing out that Gabbyyy is not at all unique in his way of thinking even though he's been there for awhile.

If you play B&M and just bring up the topic of online-poker at the table it is not difficult to run across a player or two who will tell you how screwy dem-there online-games are because it's not even a real, live person shuffling the cards....or some such nonsense.

As I stated before...I don't know why someone would play the game if they think it's somehow rigged.
but I also don't know why people would play craps or roulette if they know it's -EV...or how they can otherwise convince themselves that their 'system' is their key to riches (and that somehow it has never been thought of before).
Old 11-28-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn what? How to not get sucked out on?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 10 year veteran and you don't understand something that anyone playing for over a couple of months has figured out.

How does someone spend 10 years doing something and never learn anything about it? Wait, no, I work with people just like you. I get it.

Quit. You're too mentally lazy to succeed.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How does someone spend 10 years doing something and never learn anything about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask myself that everytime I play golf, except it's 20 years.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you play B&M and just bring up the topic of online-poker at the table it is not difficult to run across a player or two who will tell you how screwy dem-there online-games are because it's not even a real, live person shuffling the cards....or some such nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya dude like everyone who says online poker is rigged in a b&m room, is a redneck who speaks improper grammar.

I guess we are all just imagining things.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya dude like everyone who says online poker is rigged in a b&m room, is a redneck who speaks improper grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like all the winning players that win across sites over a number of years are imagining their cashouts.

You're right, you should quit now. You don't have the mindset to play this game and if you still blame online after four years, you probably aren't going to find it.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like all the winning players that win across sites over a number of years are imagining their cashouts.

You're right, you should quit now. You don't have the mindset to play this game and if you still blame online after four years, you probably aren't going to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of this response? Other than to show that you are a [censored]?

Let's see your cashout reports.. Post the screenshots here. I think you are a loser who plays microlimits.

Prove me wrong.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:37 AM

Where are you big winner?

Taking a really long time there.

I knew you were just another jerkoff on this site with all talk and no action.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 AM

what on earth happened? are you drunk?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is pretty much correct. Many people are imagining things and are seeing only what they want to see. They see bad-beats-a-plenty burnig them time and again...but refuse to see that their own play is really inferior.

If you really do think the games are not 'truly random' or whatever you want to call it then I don't think it makes much sense to play them.