Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: PokerDocMD/adamstewart

[ QUOTE ]
You messed up hand 1 real good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic, I know, but I wanna know how you guys play that hand. Raise preflop, lead flop, then what? I kinda wanna say bet turn and check-call river (assuming heads up). What do you guys think?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: FoodForThought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think you mean "FoodForThought".... a long-time registered 2+2'er, if you can believe it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

(see above where he incriminates himself).

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this matters.

I just replied to a PM from Mani, so I guess I should say the same thing here, just to be consistent.

I thought you (Adam), were out of line printing the original chat complete with names. I think we have all had times at the poker table where we wish we could take something back, whether it be a play or general conduct.

Regardless of what you think of Mani personally, it was a borderline decision at best to reprint the chat logs without his permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're of the minority opinion, here.

Adam
Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 PM

Condoning Mani's flaming idiocy is not as bad as berating the fish yourself - but it's not too far off.

If someone is costing me money because they keep yelling at all the bad players, that sucks. If they want to yell at me, I don't care much. You wouldn't be happy if you were playing live and someone made the table donator leave because they wouldn't shut up. What's the difference here?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you (Adam), were out of line printing the original chat complete with names. I think we have all had times at the poker table where we wish we could take something back, whether it be a play or general conduct.

Regardless of what you think of Mani personally, it was a borderline decision at best to reprint the chat logs without his permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

F&ck that! Typing chat is no different from leaving a message on an answering machine--well, actually, it's even more public, since there is zero expectation of privacy.

Indeed, anyone who leaves a written/spoken record of their idiotic hostility deserves to have it pasted in a public forum.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:57 PM

Default POSTING SCREENNAMES - RECENT SIMILAR ISSUE

I refer to this recent thread.

I just remembered a recent thread on this type of issue.

Note the majority of well known, respected posters who requested the culprit's screenname be posted. Actually, not only that, they wanted to know his 2+2 name as well.

Adam
Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're an idiot..

do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what these comments accomplish.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think you mean "FoodForThought".... a long-time registered 2+2'er, if you can believe it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this matters.

I just replied to a PM from Mani, so I guess I should say the same thing here, just to be consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. If a 2+2er berates fish he deserves to be called out and humiliated for it, privacy issues be damned.

Will
Old 05-27-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're of the minority opinion, here.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care whether my opinion is shared by the majority or not. If you want to post yet another "Berating fish is -EV" thread, then I am all for that.

I just think singleing out one person is unnecessary. IT would be like seeing another 2+2er call 2-cold with A6o, then posting the hand with his screenname.

Also I do not consider berating fish a capital offense. It may be a leak or a sign of tilt issues, but nothing to get bent out of shape over.

So feel free to resume the collective dogpile on the OP, I really have nothing more to say.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play poker for a living by the way (have done so for over a year now). I am averaging about $6K/month since going to $5/$10....nothing earth-shattering, but it's a good start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that on April 13th you were still playing 3/6. I see you've played for a SOLID month and a half. Perfect sample size to be posting monthly averages.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IT would be like seeing another 2+2er call 2-cold with A6o, then posting the hand with his screenname.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, it's not.

Adam