Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Funny theBruiser500 archive post

Nice post.

Bit surprised about Rebirth though, but as you say, a huge amount of it is down to running well.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

Bit surprised about Rebirth though, but as you say, a huge amount of it is down to running well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think so. have you noticed how tight hes gotten in the last few days? maybe this is just his strategy cause hed been so loose previously, and is now gonna get ultra tight, but he had KK on the button, opened to 30. i called with TT. a flop of unders, i bet half the pot he called. i bet half the pot on the turn. and we checked the river. makes me think hes had to rethink things.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kane, I get the impression that you are a very good NL poker player, but your contribution to this forum has been close to worthless. Why don't you post some hands or discuss the theory behind your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this really annoys me. Kane is a dick, definitely. And I hate a lot of his posts. But how can you just ignore the many posts of his that have much better insights than 95% of the posts in this forum? You guys need to ignore the fact that Kane is a jackass and just look for his posts where he talks about NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I totally appreciate the small percentage of KKF's posts that are filled with great insight. That's why I posted; I wish that percentage were a little higher. More content, less fluff.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think so. have you noticed how tight hes gotten in the last few days? maybe this is just his strategy cause hed been so loose previously, and is now gonna get ultra tight, but he had KK on the button, opened to 30. i called with TT. a flop of unders, i bet half the pot he called. i bet half the pot on the turn. and we checked the river. makes me think hes had to rethink things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I took a break and haven't been keeping up with stuff. I really should start mining again.

He seemed pretty solid yesterday, although he looked to be calling too many raises preflop and folding flop a little too much.

Not really surprised about the others in your list although Dell's BR is probably tiny anyway given that he always buys in for $400 and waits.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 AM

two things do you really think 8 tabling the 1000 is a good idea? as opposed to most i have read your content posts and think they are great, but do you really have that little respect for the players at PP 1000?

Its funny i mentioned bruiser last night at my local game because when i first joined he was playing 1/2 on stars i think it was. i was thinking about this post where he called out tuneatr(sp?) for playing nothing but "AA,KK and maybe QQ" and issuing and edict for everyone to quit paying this guy off with his 7x bb pfr's. also when i first started reading your headsup with spirit rock posts i wa slike huh? no way congrats on the run is it lonely at the top?
jason
Old 04-01-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What we can take away from the Bruiser meteoric rise, i believe, is this:

The big game players, got there by:
1. having ability
2. studying
3. taking chances

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the most important factor for many players.

4. running good

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't we also missing

5. lessons from dan harrington

or am i misremembering?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM

It's not my place to really say something, so if this starts something I wont continue, but (diablo) why do you (seemingly) hate bruiser + love kane?

I actually like kane's contributions, too, but alot of what others' say is true. About bruiser it seems you're constantly ripping him whereas he has quality things to say, also.

I dont know, maybe it's some inside joke I dont understand.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM

diablo is a weird person, for all he's said about me and all the fights we've been in he has helped my game immeasurably
Old 04-01-2005, 07:21 PM

i dont know for sure, but i am pretty sure its just tough love for brusier.

diablo has said many times he doesnt like Kane, but that he has some good things to say.

not sure if that answers anything for you, but...
Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not my place to really say something, so if this starts something I wont continue, but (diablo) why do you (seemingly) hate bruiser + love kane?

[/ QUOTE ]

I neither hate bruiser nor love kane.

[ QUOTE ]
About bruiser it seems you're constantly ripping him

[/ QUOTE ]

Please point out what you are referring to.

Let me put it like this. Bruiser is not nearly as good as many people here think. However, he is far better than the vast majority of posters here.