Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Has anyone actually cut themselves shaving?

Worst post since the Zoolander one. I think you're way better at HUSH than OOT. I mean how have you never cut yourself?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of someone who hasn't cut himself shaving at least once...until now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 PM

I cut themselves shaving once. They werent happy.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst post since the Zoolander one. I think you're way better at HUSH than OOT. I mean how have you never cut yourself?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I should start coaching shaving too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 10:28 PM

I've used an electric shaver for like 6 years, since I started shaving until last week when I just decided that a shitty shave didn't cut it anymore (no pun intended, i can't be bothered to change it).

I bought some random disposable razor and I cut the [censored] out of the top of my lip and cut my chin slightly the first time. I'm still never going back, the shave was so much closer. Since the first time, I haven't cut myself, but not having a job or school at the moment, it's not like I've been shaving most days.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I use a mach 3 and ive never cut myself shaving

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is this possible? Do you always go with the grain? Maybe that is it. I like a close shave against the grain sometimes. I often cut myself along the upper lip or the chin line. I really can't believe people are out there not cutting themselves. It must be a grain thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's it.

Impatience is a big cutter. When I get stupid or am late for something, I just try to ram and jam a shave through as quickly as possible, and wind up getting cut. I know I have to to a final polish so to speak by going against the grain, so I start off that way or do it too quickly. ZING! OUCH! cut

When I'm being less stupid, I do a few strokes sideways. It does better than going with the grain, but doesn't tug on your skin and pull it into line for slicing like going against the grain does. Going against the grain I save for when most of the shaving has already been done, and I'm just polishing off that last bit of roughness. If the hair is already really short and close to the skin that way, it won't pull the flesh out of line and get it caught up in the blade(s).

So, that's my shaving plan. A little bit with the grain, almost all across the grain, and only the last "polish" against the grain. Very little opportunity to get cut this way unless you're spectacularly clumsy or your blade is VERY dull.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:10 AM

I use the plain ole bics. After 40 years, I think I have this shaving thing down.

I had an electric that I had used for 3 years. It was a good shave that I could do while I was watching the news and drinking my coffee. Pieceofshit's battery went south and, of course, you can't get a relacemenet battery but for $150 you can buy a new shaver that will ...

I haven't shaved my upper lip since 1972. No razor cuts under the proboscus for me.

I sliced myself good once with a "safety razor" that used "blue blades." My girlfriend du jour asked what I did to the last gf to get my face scratched like that. I asked if she wanted to find out. She did. She didn't scratch.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cut myself shaving like, 1 out of every 5 times. I suck at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

Lock it up, yo.

Nice.

Yugoslav
Old 09-07-2005, 01:59 AM

The batteries are the killer and what make so many shavers a huge rip-off. Norelco's I've had go bad on me in as little as a month or two. The Panasonics last much longer. Best is if you can get one of the few shavers with off the shelf, regular batteries instead of the stupid custom ones that mean you have to throw away the shaver when the battery dies or go through some huge hassle and pay a bunch of bucks.

That's the scummy trick with lots of things, though -- phones, cameras, CD players, DVD players, etc. Half the money is in overcharging for extra batteries, battery packs, or just from having the item wear out incredibly soon to force you to buy a new one.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:13 AM

this morning i did. first time in like forever