Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: I hate sleep

wow all i can say is that you guys are a bunch of degenerates.

sometimes when im home i get on a 4am-noon sleep schedule and i feel so pathetic like im wasting my life. ive never ventured to the non 24 hour day, but it sounds pretty crazy.

plus i FUC.KING LOVE sleeping ZZzzZZzzZZzz
Old 10-03-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: I\'m the opposite.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to stay up when I'm sleepy
but don't mind to wake up even when I'm sleepy.

I sleep like 6h /day.

[/ QUOTE ]
You lucky [censored]!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: I hate sleep

the worst thing about insomnia is that it's both a viscious cycle and a catch-22.

I want to sleep, so I try to sleep. Sadly, the more I try to sleep the less likely I am to fall asleep. Amazingly enough lying on my bed going "sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep" isn't entirely effective. I have to not care about falling asleep, I have to just lie there and enjoy feeling comfortable in my bed and let my mind wanter footloose and fancy free. I can't do that. I can't remember the last time I was able to fall asleep quickly without the TV, or a DVD, or music playing(when i wasn't drunk). It acts as a lightening rod of sorts focusing all my thought on something that isn't how i wish i were asleep. Furthermore, when i don't want to/can't/shouldn't fall asleep i have no troubles doing it at all. Lie down on my bed to read/watch TV in the middle of th day? No problems sleeping. Wake up at 10 and want to go back to sleep at 11? Amazingly enoguh no troubles there either. Why can't it be reversed, why can't i go to sleep when i want to and wake up when i want to, nothing more. I wish had some switch I could flip. Sleepy/awake.

Then of course once i can't fall asleep i start to get annoyed. Annoyed because i can't sleep, annoyed because i have so much trouble not thinking about how i'm not sleeping, annoyed because I'm awake right now when i could/should be sleeping, and annoyed because i'll have to get up in sooner than I'd like. Of course the longer I stay awake the more annoyed I get, the more sleep I've missed, and the sooner I have to get up which of course makes me, more annoyed/frustrated. It's surprisingly difficult to go to sleep when one is annoyed and frustrated. This of course leads to further annoyance and frustration. Maybe I'll change the rules so that everyone has to operate on a 30 hour day. 18 hours awake and 12 hours to sleep. Of course knowing me i would just stay up late/go to sleep late anyway, even if it meant staying up/sleeping for weeks. I can't take sleeping pills, they have a very bad side effect. I can't hit myself over the head with a bowling pin althought sometimes it doesn't sounds so bad. I can get drunk. Getting drunk usually helps me fall asleep very quickly of course, getting drunk every night would certainly lead to it's own set of much more serious problems I would guess.