Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

The round is lodging between the magazine and chamber. I've already tried several defferent kinds of ammo so I don't think that's it.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The round is lodging between the magazine and chamber. I've already tried several defferent kinds of ammo so I don't think that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a range and have a pro fire it. If it still happens it is easily fixable for you. Dry firing can eliminate pre-flinch. And your grip might be off.

If it does happen when someone skilled fires the gun ... well get it to a decent gunsmith because something is out of spec.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the real world, chief. I live in Philadelphia, and since I'm in law enforcement, I think I'm pretty qualified to answer this. It will help when some crack-deranged lunatic breaks into your house with a knife looking for money and lunges at you or one of your loved ones with a knife.

We don't all live on an secluded campus. Some of us live in the real world and face real problems - problems where it turns out that it's us or them.

BTW, to the OP - good choice.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 PM

Springs. The high pressure generated by the Sig round is not being countered enough.

Anyway, I have seen all types of guns go through catastrophic malfunctions except for Glocks. Even guns as great as Sig Sauer's I've seen break down, and have sights fly off.

Short of the cracked slide and blown up barrel, the worst and funniest catastropic malfunction was a guy with a new custom 1911 45. I was beside him watching it go thru the paces and saw how with each shot a new piece went flying off. Everything began to fall apart on this gun: the sear was sheared, the safety fell off, the sights went flying the magazine fell, the barrel bushing dropped, the slide finally dislodged itself. I have to admit it was pretty funny, but not for the guy who paid lots and lots of $$$ for it.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to a range and have a pro fire it. If it still happens it is easily fixable for you. Dry firing can eliminate pre-flinch. And your grip might be off.

If it does happen when someone skilled fires the gun ... well get it to a decent gunsmith because something is out of spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bless your heart. Now would all you big strong men please just pull your heads out of your asses and stop assuming I'm a stupid little bitch that doesn't know how to shoot. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 05:34 PM

Im not saying you dont know how to shoot because you're a woman, Im saying that your gun should feed hollowpoint rounds--out of the box and without modification by a gunsmith--and if it isn't feeding such rounds, there is something wrong with either the pistol or the operator. Since I have extensive experience with Glocks and pistol shooting generally, I am confident it is not an equipment failure. Thus it is most likely an operator error. Whether you are male or female is irrelevant.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:41 PM

I have this one, except in nickel.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bless your heart. Now would all you big strong men please just pull your heads out of your asses and stop assuming I'm a stupid little bitch that doesn't know how to shoot. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking for gun advice in a totally unrelated forum. What do you expect. Oh, and GFY.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're asking for gun advice in a totally unrelated forum. What do you expect. Oh, and GFY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too good at reading are you? I didn't ask for advice. And I had already stated that I know how to shoot. Try again, Sugar. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

just stay out of gun threads dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely giving this one three cheers. And this is even before I read Goblue's asinine "rebuttal" to Tony Paladino.

Some people just suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I orignally wrote a paragraph pointing out some hypocrisy and blanket statements in his ridiculous reasoning. But I figured it would just create a heated argument that would accomplish nothing. So instead I went w/ the real mature strategy of using online abbrevs for laughter. Anyways, whatever, I've stayed out of the thread n even apologized to avoid hi-jacking the thread to a greater extent. But ya, I guess I just suck man.