Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: 100-200 hand

it was much much much more focused on the fact that i trust ray zees advice then it was on your post count, and you know it. but yeah, go on "finding it sad". im sure your heart is broken.

rj
Old 08-29-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was much much much more focused on the fact that i trust ray zees advice then it was on your post count, and you know it. but yeah, go on "finding it sad". im sure your heart is broken.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post was definitely one of the lamest I've seen in a while.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:13 PM

read this board more...was it the accuracy or the sarcasm that bothered you?

rj
Old 08-29-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
read this board more...was it the accuracy or the sarcasm that bothered you?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Youre orginal post didnt bother me, I actually found it kind of amusing even though I also felt it was kind of tastelist. You remind me of that guy in high school thats always bumbing shoulders with random people trying to start a fight. I mean if you really think about it, what was the point of you telling me that I am no Ray Zee in so many words? I think you would be much better off and this board would be much better off if you tried to contribute to the actual hand in question, rather than to insult me.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:28 PM

how can you generalize this? don't some live games play like online games and vice versa? which are tougher?
Old 08-29-2005, 09:51 PM

its badass when people talk about how you shouldnt judge people based on post count. and then they judge me based on a 2 sentence statement...fair enough...im not really interested in continuing this, because it looks retarded to you, to me and anyone reading it. if my original post didnt bother you, then why did you take the time to make a lengthy reply to it and to sit around and wonder what i would have been like in high school...good times...

rj
Old 08-30-2005, 11:30 AM

you all misunderstood my post. most of my posts i interject something you must consider even though it may not be the right play in that spot. but to not consider it means you are not making the right play or making it for the wrong reasons.

my post should be amended to why didnt i see anyone making a case for raising on the end, even knowing that their hand was not the best hand.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you all misunderstood my post. most of my posts i interject something you must consider even though it may not be the right play in that spot. but to not consider it means you are not making the right play or making it for the wrong reasons.

my post should be amended to why didnt i see anyone making a case for raising on the end, even knowing that their hand was not the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes!! I get it!! Thank you Ray. Youre point is that we should always be considering every strategy before we come to our decision, and if we dont our decision in the hand can never be truly optimal. Thanks again Mr.Zee for clarifying that for me.
Wes
Old 08-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Hi Snake,

Wow, a very interesting hand indeed. Too bad I just got here to look at it, but I want to make a few comments.

Preflop and flop are standard, of course.

The flop action is a little interesting, though. Really, due to the action, you haven't shown all that much strength considering the size of the pot. I am assuming that both of your opponents read hands very well, and that's correct I'm sure, regardless of how aggressive the BB is. In their eyes, you could have a whole variety of hands, including AQ, an overpair, a set, straight draw (surely you'd pop the cutoff with JTs), or a flush draw. So even though you have a big hand, they don't really know it.

The turn is interesting though. BB's bet out screams to me the A of trump or a made flush, but he may have 2 pair. After all of that action that he drove, he fires into this field. I don't think he's afraid of an overpair, either because he's drawing or he's there. C/O raising is truly scary, too, and I guess that's why you raised. Did you consider 3 betting here? I would think about it, and probably do it. Could C/O have an overpair with a club and slowplayed it preflop? I don't think she's going to cap a set of Q's after you 3 bet here, either. If this thing gets jammed, then pray that the board pairs, and since it'll likely be 3 way, it's not that bad for you, and you know where you stand. Still, I am not giving BB a huge hand yet, since he knows that this is some weird steal/resteal situation, and that either of you may have strange hands. He does like to gamble, right?

My standard river play is to call. Raising might be right if you think BB will fold a small flush, but I don't see it happening. I think calling exposes you the least and gets you to see the hands.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:53 PM

yea wes. now look at suckers post below. he considered the raise on the end to kncok out a small flush. this is a huge thing to ponder. it may make or break your chances of winning this pot that is giant. i dont know if it was right or not. but the player at the moment in the hand has the best guess using his feel. since no one had of yet even mentioned it i am sure few or none even thought about it. this is the stuff that separates those that win in the bigger games and those that dont. sucker wins. and snakehead wins. i make comments.