Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: By U.S. standards are you right or left of center
Left 17 40.48%
Right 15 35.71%
middle of the road baby 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Would you consider this to be an insult?

you are a moron, dawg.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Habitual Stallers Deserve To Be Insulted And Reprimanded

Well if she was doing day after day its excessive for sure. But is just stalling for the money a little earlier lol. I wouldn't do it out of respect for the other players early in the tourney. But again its up to the tourney directors to fix the rule.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know what the specific time rule was during the ME?

[ QUOTE ]
....since there is so much talk about the 'rule', I'm not sure what it was during the Main Event?

How much time had to pass before you could call for a clock on a player?

Once a clock was called in, how much time did the player have to act?

FWIW, this player was not unintelligent. If you saw her interview, she was articulate and educated. She is an attorney. Although I was not at the table, it seems hard to believe (given the excessive amount of times that she took a very long time to act) that she was unaware of what she was doing.

That being the case, the other players at the table could have done a number of things to speed it up.

I haven't heard much about what actions THEY took to remedy the situation.

Does anyone have any more direct information about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

- It was during the ME.

- A clock can be called on a player at any time, but it rarely is unless a player has taken 2 minutes or more
already, and still rarely then,( so i hear).

- One the Clock officially starts, the player gets 1 minute and then a 10 second countdown.

- I know she is very intelligent. This does not give her a free pass. As a matter of fact, it goes against her in my book, since she was so obviously aware of what she was doing..

- There is little to nothing that can be done to speed up the play at the table by other players, save for calling the clock on her every time it was her turn. It seems that rules will need to be changed in the furture to prevent people from blatantly exploiting them like this.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:12 PM

Daniel N calls his buddy eric lindgren E-DOG. is he disrespecting him by calling him a dog? just a knickname and has nothing to do with the person to being an actual dop or bad player.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its right for you to sream at he at the top of your lungs. I don't blame you for not liking it. But call a clock and leave it up to the tourney director to decide how long she has. Its like in online tournies many people stall in online tournies. And the ones that don't stall are at a disadvantage to the ones that do. They allow you time ansd everybody else stalls. But there will always be one or 2 guys at the table screaming at the staller and calling them all kinds of names. I always see those guys as totally out of line. Who are they to yell at the person and curse at them. If you don't like stalling in tournies take it up with a rules committee to eliminating the possibility. But as long as they allow it the short stacks that don't stall are at a disatvantage to the other tables short stacks that are stalling. So do they speed up so they don't get called all kinds of explitives by someone they don't know and be at a disadvantage or stall and take the heat? Stalling should be eliminated. But until its not if your not stalling when short your not getting the edge otyher short stacks are.

I'm not sure about this but didn't we have a tourney discussion like amonth ago where you said you would use any advantage to your benefit to make the most money you can. i think we were discussing calling the f word rule on a player to have her out and blinded down. Why is this any different? She is playing for BIG money and is stalling to move up spots which could be life changing to her. What more important to her in her life the money for her family? or some guy screaming at her to speed up?

They should limit the time drastically so that noone can take that long. But until they do its the rules fault that this can occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a discussion came up where i was on the other side of the discussion regarding Simon Trumper, but that was for one single instance that had little to no effect on other players. Her continual stalling brought her table's hands per hour to a crawl, and thus was costing them all EV, and possibly herself too. The situation have a resemblance, but arent really that similar.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WPT would be better if there were more threads about how players player and not what they looked like or what they said. The less useless threads like yours, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in other words, since mine was a specific commentary on how a player plays, you are in full agreement with me. Good to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Slow" is not a style of play worth discussing. You're not dumb enough to believe this answer. Playing coy is not your strong suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, considering how many people HAVE discussed it, and the fact that a rule will likely be at a minimum reviewed thoroughly and likely changed, you are pretty obviously wrong here. Just look at the discussion of it in this thread alone, with only referenced it slightly.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:26 PM

No iwasn't referring to the trumper one. It was the one where some woman that said the f-word and some guy on the table called her on it so she would have to sit out and get blinded down. People said the guy was a low class person to call her on the penalty. You said you would call it. And that you are playing for money and would use any advantage within the rules to give you the most ege possible(something to this effect). If so i don't see why she wasn't doing the same thing. You both will look bad using the rules but are within the rules. Thats why it surprises me you are against her here. After defending the other position as you did. I think maybe becasue she is costing you money if your at the table instead of you making money in your example. And she isn't necessaril;y costing you money. While she is stalling people are geting eliminated and that is positive ev.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM

I agree the rule should be changed. That in my mind does not give her a pass for horribly abusing it.

There's a rule allowing a player to request seeing a hand that makes showdown. It's pretty lousy if someone ALWAYS asks to see everyone's hand, isn't it? Well, her delay-of-game rules abuse was much worse and detrimental to everyone else than someone just asking to see cards each and every hand.

No, I definitely don't think you and Vince are the same person. But apparently you both do play the 15-30 at Bellagio. And I just CAN'T imagine Vince putting up with this kind of behavior for, say, 8 hours on end. I mention it because I'll bet you too would have a hard time imagining Vince taking this kind of blatant rules abuse from another player for hours and days on end, which abuse effectively ruins the game for everyone else.

And hey, what's wrong with 7 hands per hour anyway?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeah i would leave that game if it happened in 15-30. But tourneies are different imo.

Anyway i enjoyed discussing this with you and you made some good points.

I'm exiting this post now before dynasty accuses me of being a troll because i reply to people that reply to me. Nice talking with you.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if she was doing day after day its excessive for sure. But is just stalling for the money a little earlier lol. I wouldn't do it out of respect for the other players early in the tourney. But again its up to the tourney directors to fix the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little stalling is one thing.

I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure it was for days, and admittedly I only have an impression from reading the forums as to what occurred. And that impression is that it was consistent and repeated abuse for...well, for ages, I guess.