Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: $100k in \'05 (brag and commentary)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hes got up to 19 outs to the nuts on the turn. And the board provides him alot of protection since we know villian cant have the nut flush, a weak flush has to respect he can still be behind, and the straight has to fear the flush, so I think a very large percent of the time, they check the river with those hands after we cap the turn. So I like it because it seems like a good spot for a chck behind if you dont improve (because I think you are behind), collect an extra bet if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think villian will check after 3betting on a lot of pairing, and club river cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he'll check any river most of the time after you cap the turn
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having the c/r stat handy makes it a lot easier to bet for value in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you can use it to determine whether to fire the second barrel unimproved. Allows you to release to crs easier because there are some people with a cr % that is really low.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

any idea how many hands you need for it to be meaningful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just put it up and take a look at it from time to time. Truthfully I imagine it doesn't converge until 200-400 hands. But if you get a player with 60 hands that is 80/8/.5 and a cr of .6 than you can rely on it. On the other hand, you will get people that are 50/30/3 with cr% of 3.3 and you can be pretty sure that their choice move to push you off hands is going to be a check raise. If someone check raises between 1.2 and 2.2 I basically ignore it. I'm looking for the extremes which become statistically significant over smaller samples (especially when combined with other stats that are inline with the overall profile)

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes a lot of sense. thanks. one thing, though, is that even for the extremes I think you'll probably need a few hundred hands.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:01 PM

Barring very tight reads, i don't think either of the hands posted were particularly solid. Not that is it really matters that much, but i am reserving judgement on this post until a little later.

Hock, i like that you discuessed contributing more to the forums and how often people just play by a default line here, because it's true. However, the only actual other posts i remember you making was somehting along the lines of, "i'm a huge winner at 10-20 so you should respect my opinion more than you are right now." However, brag posts are fun, we all enjoy doing them from time to time, and i look forward to seeing some more strategy posts. Keep up the good work!

Gabe
Old 09-14-2005, 05:11 PM

I was really gearing myself at getting irritated by another brag post, but am pleasantly surprised. Those are extremely admirable achievements and a win rate that deserves a little showing off. I won't hide the fact that I am certainly jealous, as I failed to reach that kind of win rate at the 10 before moving on. You are a natural.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:25 PM

I would be very interested in seeing your stats for posted levels, and any levels below 10/20 which you have decent sample sizes for...
Old 09-14-2005, 06:57 PM

wow man. that is a serious chunk of change you let party keep. www.raketracker.com
Old 09-14-2005, 07:03 PM

1) You super need rakeback.

2) Congrats, it's been fun playing with you. Always thought you were a little too aggressive against me, but apparently it's been working.

3) Just hit 100k myself, though 80k of that came in the last 3 1/2 months. It feels good, doesn't it?

4) Congratulations again.

5) Get rakeback.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) You super need rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to harp on the OP about this - I know I already said something - but it is really grating my nerves right now that Party has this money right now. but I think this is pretty close to folding AA preflop about half of the time you get it.

seriously people if you are playing even small stakes rakeback is a must, monthly bonuses are not even close to cutting it anymore.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:57 PM

"and I may well fold out a medium pocket pair"

Folding out a medium PP doesn't do you much good unless you are somehow ahes of the third player in this hand. It seems very unlikely in this situation. Not knowing your reads makes it hard to comment, but i would generally toss the AT preflop when it comes back to me for 2 more bets preflop.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:59 PM

Apparently you don't like takeing them either.