Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: wpt foxwoods

Why does every tournament seem to end with a hand where they both limp in?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then this is more an argument of Gigabet's credibility then? Fine. I will take it that you've read through his strategy posts and narratives and you were unimpressed. I happen to think his opinions of other players holds a lot of weight, because he's one of the top sng players around and posts like the block theories and almost there with success and failure make him a valuable asset to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

My argument has nothing to do with credibility or the quality of Gigabet's 2+2 prose.

I just find it kind of hilarious that, as per some poster's comments, Takeover's accomplishment is not beating high stakes games regularly, nor a seemingly effortless ability to snap off large-field high stakes tournaments, but rather being the object of....GIGABET'S ENDORSEMENT!

Gigabet's comment was flattering and nice and all but it holds as much importance as a similar statement from me on literature might: I read Old Man and The Sea. Man, that Hemingway, he's the best. You can trust me on that, because I've read them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what people are saying about Gigabet, wouldn't your anology be better if you were an acknowledged, proven, expert on literatute who had read them all? It doesn't seem that Gigabet's reputation is based on playing them all, but on beating them often, as well as a body of literature that has been helpful to many.

NCAces
Old 11-20-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for Nick, as a 21yo WPT champion and a successful high-limit cash game player both live and online, I think he is potentially the most marketable person in poker right now (possibly moreso than Raymer/Hachem/etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

i will agree here. i played with nick nearly every day at a live 5/10 NL game in new york for a few months. he is very good and is a cool kid.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: wpt foxwoods - Nick Shulman

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how good this kid is, but one has to respect that he has been successful across a wide range of games both online and live (NL, limit, tourney, ring, etc). This is much more impressive to me than guys who have some really hot run in one specific area.

[/ QUOTE ]
One thing that impresses me most about Nick is that at his young age, poker is not the only thing he has excelled at. As of a couple of years ago, for his age he was probably the best pool shooter in New York and I would guess one of the best in the USA or the world (for his age.) I first met Nick at Jean Balukas's pool room in Brooklyn at a 9-ball tourney 4 years ago when we got matched up. He ran out the table on me a couple of times and I was left scratching my head thinking "who is this kid?" It wasn't long before every serious pool player in New York and the Northeast US knew who he was. I guess he figured out there is a lot more money in poker than pool, which might indicate he is smart as well as talented.