Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever found money left by the previous user of a ATM in the despenser tray?
Nope but I'm going to stake one out soon! 13 14.61%
Nope 70 78.65%
Yes 6 6.74%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Gillette is releasing a 5-blade razor...

I'm in the same boat with the sensitive skin. My thick, coarse facial hair doesn't help it much either. I switched to dual blade disposables over a year ago and I never looked back. I've used mach3s, electrics, and disposables, but the dual blade cheap-o razors worked the best.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:42 PM

What movie is it where they have the joke of 7 minute abs?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM

There's Something About Mary
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

theres something about mary.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try this
Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 PM

wow i should probably refresh more often than every 10 minutes to avoid this
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...he recommended single blade BIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. the worst blade. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Single BIC + shower = best shave ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

the danger of using single blade is when you have to go over the same area more than once (i am told). as long as you use a good facewash and good shaving cream, BICs are just fine and they don't cause the problems multiple blades have.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://greatrazors.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you use these? Testimonial, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're great and it's not like they're expensive or anything, a pack of four is $12.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I saw that. So they actually last substantially longer than normal blades?

[/ QUOTE ]'

usually 2-3x as long./

[/ QUOTE ]
Done and done, I'm sold. I just ordered an 8-pack of Mach 3.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is gonna be the max. 6 blades would just be silly

[/ QUOTE ]

From Greg Easterbrook, Tuesday Morning Quarterback:
[ QUOTE ]

When Gillette bought naming rights to the stadium the Patriots play, the state of the art was three-bladed razors. Yours truly began calling the facility Next One Will Have Four Blades Field. Then Gillette competitor Schick actually offered a four-blade razor, so yours truly began calling the facility Next One Will Vibrate Field. Then....

My obvious move would be to predict a six-bladed razor. But if the new version already has dangerous power and internal electronics, the pace of razor technology is clearly accelerating. Moore's Law holds that the number of transistors in a given space of computer chip doubles every two years. Maybe we need a similar law for razors. Here is TMQ's Law of Razors: The number of blades will increase to the factorial of the highest number of blades in the previous century. My incredibly scientifically advanced reasoning? The 20th century saw a progression from one to three blades. The factorial of three is six (1 x 2 x 3), predicting with seer-like assurance that a six-bladed razor will be marketed sometime in the 21st century. Taking into account that the 21st century has already witnessed the five-bladed razor, we employ the factorial of five (1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5) to predict that the 22nd century will see a 120-blade razor. Meanwhile, I will now call the stadium in question...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8869519
Old 11-20-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does each blade lift as it cuts? Cuz that would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you know that's a lie?

Updated: 1:52 p.m. ET June 2, 2005
ST. LOUIS - Gillette Co. ads claiming its M3Power razor raises hair up and away from the skin are "unsubstantiated and inaccurate," a federal judge said in siding with Gillette's chief competitor, Schick-Wilkinson Sword.

U.S. District Judge Janet C. Hall in Bridgeport, Conn. granted Schick a preliminary injunction prohibiting the use of the television and print ads. Gillette was also ordered to change packaging for the product and remove in-store displays that feature the false claims.

Hall's ruling on Wednesday said the depiction in Gillette advertising was "greatly exaggerated" and "literally false."

Gillette spokeswoman Michele Szynal said the company has not decided whether to appeal.

"Right now the ruling won't have any affect on our marketing since the visuals don't appear on any (current) advertising or point-of-sales material," she said.

The M3Power, a high-tech, vibrating men's razor introduced early last year to compete with Schick's Quattro razor, held a 20 percent global share last quarter and was the world's top-selling razor, Boston-based Gillette said.

Schick is a division of St. Louis-based Energizer Holdings Inc., and is the world's second-largest maker of wet shave products behind Gillette. Schick-Wilkinson Sword president Joe Lynch said Gillette's claims for the M3Power "go well beyond the capabilities of the products.

"We firmly believe that since the day the M3Power was launched a year ago, Gillette has deceived consumers about the performance of this product," Lynch said.

But Szynal said the computer-generated image of the razor lifting hair away from the skin was never meant to be taken literally.

The two razor makers have tangled in court before, including a long patent fight over whether Schick's four-bladed Quattro and Quattro for Women razors violate Gillette's patent for a multi-blade system. Gillette has claimed that any razor head with three or more blades would be covered by its patent.

In April, a federal appeals court told a lower court to reconsider its decision allowing Energizer to continue selling the Quattro razor while the patent dispute plays out.