Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2003, 09:45 PM

Default Re: have you considered the bay area?

AA: Thanks, it really is a bad situation. How many people can say they really have a really good marriage? Not many. Well for six years we did, and I am not the easiest person in the world to get along with, and I am in a business than not many women would put up with. Believe me, to have that go bad is no fun. She was pretty much a straight A student before calculus, and had really never failed at anything she had tried, and it really messed her head up. She might have made it through that but once her doc got her on the drugs, it was all downhill. I wish I had the time and money to sue the B*tch. I would even agree to give all the money to charity, I just want to get her license removed, because I can't help wondering how many other marriages she has wrecked, or how many more she will! Oh well, the last thing you guys want to hear about are my troubles, i just want to get moved and try to start over. If I meet any of you, and do not make a great first impression, I will apologize in advance. I admit I am not at my friendliest right now. NOTE; Anybody who anticipates being able to take advantage of my "situation" while at the "tables" - please - make my day!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:50 PM

Hi Raptor,
I wouldn't want to take advantage of your situation. I'd really tell you to not play when you are feeling this situation, plain and simple.

Unless, of course, being pissed makes you play better... then get in and kick some butt.

Bottom line is, I agree. Losing a love sucks. And I believe SSRI et. al. are way over used and way to many people get labels from the profession that pushes them, that is correct. The ritalin thing particularly rankles me because it is kids. I suppose some folks get help, but I'm really skeptical about what goes on.

So you'll get no attacks from me based on your situation. It's just not in my construction. It's one thing to exploit a players legitimate poker weaknesses, quite another to exploit thier personal tragedies.

Sincerely,
AA

Old 02-14-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Oaktown

Accross the bay in berkeley and oakland you can get better deals two, but they sometimes come with complementary stabbings.

Heh heh. Not long after I moved out West I was sent to downtown Oakland for a work project. I came through Berkeley on San Pablo Ave. and knew I had crossed into Oakland when I saw a billboard that read, "Do You Know Who Murdered Me?"
Old 02-15-2003, 01:30 AM

AA; For most people, I would agree with you about not playing while this is on my mind. Unfortunately, I have found from past experience that the only way to get over one love, is to find another, and I tend to go a long time between relationships. Since I do not drink, smoke, party or anything, I do not get out to many places where you meet people. In fact , it has been so long since I have looked for a partner, that I am not sure where to start. Plus, it is not like I am in a profession that women flock to! Oh well, on the plus side, I AM the type, where, once I get to the table, I can put everything out of my mind except the game! Besides, I can't just sit around and wait for things to get better. Anyways, thanks for the moral support!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Las Vegas or So. Cal. ?

We're told it's a dry heat. It's a hot heat.

I've always felt the same way. I can't stand hot weather. I've got to admit though, as I look out the window at my car (or at least what I think is my car) and see snow almost up to the roof, that hot heat is sounding pretty darn good to me.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:35 PM

raptor,

I've got nothing to do with the site, but for dating match.com is a no-brainer. I've been to two weddings spawned from that site (and there should've been a third) and know several active couples as well.

Matt
Old 02-18-2003, 04:56 PM

match.com is a no-brainer

Heh heh. I met my wife on it. The Bay Area women on there are (um, were I mean)smokin'..... [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Best of luck to you.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:25 PM

Default You are insane.

And have obviously never been to Summerlin.

If you live any nearer the strip than about Fort Apache/Rampart, then you're right. However, you can get out a bit and it's a nice, QUIET, place. Or, as was pointed out, you can go the other way to Green Valley and it's not half bad there either.

If only the damn homeowners associations didn't have as much power as the US Military with regard to minding your business, it would be the ideal place to live. Plus, nothing competes with 99 cent breakfasts at the Suncoast.

I have lived in LA as well, and it's a horrible checkerboard city (save Irvine and farther to the south) with good areas surrounded by horrible areas. It's also in a state that is broke, despite ridiculously high state taxes (that's what liberals do).

So if you want to bag on Vegas, go right ahead, but despite having the most horrible regular players in the world, LA is not without it's own shortcomings.

~D