Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: No more Rake Back at Party Poker

[ QUOTE ]
By cirumventing, no breaking the rules all players receiving rake back are taking money out of my pocket. Does that explain it? ... It is against the T' & C's. Against the rules. Get it? Just like marking a card, just like running a bot. Get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any prohibition of receiving rakeback in the Empire terms and conditions. Perhaps you could point me to a link that tells me I'm breaking any rules whatsoever by receiving rakeback. Thanks.

Ben
Old 04-16-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So basically you would trust Party more if they screwed all the guys who are responsible for their growth?

Most affiliates who give rakeback conribute nothing to party's growth. They take existing players and reduce party's profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy wanted to kill all affiliate deals.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had a Party Poker account since before affiliates even existed. WHat do I care? Let me tell you. Whether they keep all the rake, pay some to affiliates (who pay to their players), or burn the money, it isn't coming into my pocket. Maybe if they voided all affilliate deals with affiliattes they would give me more goodies. By cirumventing, no breaking the rules all players receiving rake back are taking money out of my pocket. Does that explain it? By the way.......as another poster in this thread mentioned, it amazes me (really it doesn't) how some of you upstanding, highly ethical, and moral posters who preach of their high standards see nothing wrong with receiving rake back and proudly defend it on this forum. Typical self serving bullshit from the self proclaimed keepers of the moral flame. Same people who trash some idiot who comeson here and talks about how he screwed a site or colluded. Very little difference. It is against the T' & C's. Against the rules. Get it? Just like marking a card, just like running a bot. Get it? Learn to play poker and try making money that way. Novel idea huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, what a whiny little bitch of a post from an otherwise really good poster. I too made my Party account before I was aware of rakeback, so I took my business to Empire.

Rakeback serves a perfect function... for those that are saavy enough to 'shop around,' it's like a market equalizing force. Party charges high rake, and uses the money on tons of marketing... those who would have been at Party irrespective of said marketing, get a more competitive rake structure.

BTW, the four digit sum from my affiliate last month was just gravy on top of my five digit month, so don't worry about high MGR players living on rakeback alone.

Dan
Old 05-08-2005, 11:50 PM

nailed that one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 11:53 PM

June?

it gets easier from now on.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is best for you (and all other pokerplayers). If 25% of the current party rake goes to.

a) Partypoker
b) The affiliate
c) The players

[/ QUOTE ]
I am sure that non-rakeback affiliates like their wallet more than player's so they will prefer (b). And same way any player who depends on poker money will likely choose (c).