Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: woman help

The Secretary. Now that's a pretty good flick.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe someone was mocking her in a retard voice all day long. that has gotten me close to tears and wanting to leave work pretty badly.
i've never cried at work, but if i did i wouldn't want to talk about it. maybe after i calmed down i would. but that's me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie, wtf? Why put up with this [censored]?

It isn't professional, and certainly could (if you pushed it) get someone in trouble.

Next time they start doing that to you, punch them in the throat with the side of your hand, like a sideways karate chop. It's called a ridge hand, and it'll make it kinda hard for Mr Retard voice to mock you.

Seriously though, don't take this [censored]. You don't have to.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: update

WTF isn't the bank a client of yours? You choose that bank to hold your money or offer other financial services to you? There is no way an employee of your bank should deal with anyone at your company like that. I mean, two employees of two different branches of the same bank with the same name? Patricia: [censored] deal with it, I'm sure this has happened before. Unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of your company's relationship with the bank, I'm supporting your secretary here and saying her sending an email is totally fine, esp. if the boss is out of the country, I wouldn't want to bother him with this trivia.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM

Ignore her you tried...
Old 10-27-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 poeple in our office. Me. My boss. The Secretary. Boss is out of the country right now. Boss asks secretary to do all sorts of personal things, like babysit and go to Costco. He can be a real pain in the ass.

Yesterday I ask Secretary to call our bank to retrieve a piece of info. The bank has two branches, with a woman of the same name working at both branches. Secretary asks to talk to Patricia. She is transferred to the wrong Patricia in the wrong branch. Secretary starts asking for the information thinking it's the Patricia she normally talks to. Evil Patricia turns into a bitch. I can tell because Secretary is stammering and apologizing and asking to be transferred to the Patricia in the other branch. Patricia won't do this and hangs up. Secretary is irritated and fires off an email to the bank complaining of her rude treatment. I supported her in this. Boss hears from our relationship manager. Boss criticizes secretary for not complaining through him. Then Boss tells secretary she can't take Friday off because she has to pick him up at the airport. Secretary starts bawling. Which is surprising because normally she is a pretty tough girl. Grew up in a refugee camp.

I told you it was a boring story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give her Friday off and tell your f-ing boss to hire a car service like the rest of us. It will go a long way. It sounds like she's a tough girl, probably more to it than a stupid woman at a bank getting upset with her. Good admin's are tough to find, if she is competent at her job you gotta help her out once in a while.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 PM

I agree.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:39 PM

Babysit? Run to Costco? Pick him up from the airport?

It sounds like she is being treated more like a personal slave than a professional secretary. The work relationship has been pushed way out of bounds here. It's unreasonable to expect someone to act professionally when they are being treated unprofessionally.

I agree with the poster who suggested giving her Friday off and arranging for other transportation for the boss. She is not a taxi service, unless she has a very unusual job description.

Shauna
Old 10-27-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Babysit? Run to Costco? Pick him up from the airport?

It sounds like she is being treated more like a personal slave than a professional secretary. The work relationship has been pushed way out of bounds here. It's unreasonable to expect someone to act professionally when they are being treated unprofessionally.

I agree with the poster who suggested giving her Friday off and arranging for other transportation for the boss. She is not a taxi service, unless she has a very unusual job description.

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

Being treated unprofessionally gives you the right to act like a little baby? The correct thing to do would be to conduct yourself in a mature and professional manner until you can secure employment where you are treated lke the professional you are.

It sounds to me like her boss and her are perfect for each other. Boris should find a new job with mature and professional superiors and subordinates.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Update Part Deux

She quit. I came in to work this morning and had a chat with her. I explained that I understand her frustration and she could talk with me anytime. I also told her to take Friday off. She said she appreciated it gesture but no way she can continue to work here. She doesn't even want to talk to Boss because she doesn't want to break down in front of him. I said do what you have to do and I'll give her a good reference. Her crying was not manipulative. She is/was genuinely upset. Best of luck to her.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Update Part Deux

Sounds like you may need to have a discussion with your boss about what he can expect of the person he hires to replace her.