Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: party poker

Maybe the next time Party does gift hampers they could include tin-foil hats, and that way everyone would know they were not rigged...
Old 09-28-2004, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first time I've heard this complaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM

I've noticed that most of the time the cards are completely fair, but after I've had a couple of beers, the software starts letting the other players beat my good hands. How the hell do they know when I've been drinking?
Old 10-06-2004, 04:32 PM

Default a different problem

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice this or am I crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not crazy, just misinformed, ignorant, etc.

But while we're on the subject of party's questionable software, here's something that really annoys me. I'll sit at a table in, say mid position, and hit the "wait for big blind" button when I'm given the option to either post or wait. Sometimes the blinds come around to me and I'm prompted to post. But the majority of the time party just checks the "deal me out" box and I usually miss the blinds. Sometimes I notice this so I'll wait until the blinds are near and uncheck the box. But party [censored] checks the box back right after the hand is over! Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-06-2004, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never joke around about something as serious as rigged online poker sites.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about insane thread topics like this are these kinds of responces. Thanks for a laugh turnip!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However I find it hard to significantly improve my bankroll by bluffing at pots or limping in with T3 suited.

[/ QUOTE ]
See I think this might be your problem. The calling stations at PArty are VERY suseptable to bluffing. Just try it -- you will see what i mean. And you have to play T3s -- that is a monster hand!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i see the same thing only i play for a couple days wher no matter what you hild you flop nuts. then i go bad come back 3 weeks later and can not lose.my cousin works with computers at xerox just started playing online at part poker and says that there is a patter to the software. he does not trust it

[/ QUOTE ]
If your cousin has played 100,000+ hands at PP and kept records that indicate the patterns, then this would warrant attention. Otherwise it's just a guess. Sort of like saying the dealer didn't shuffle the cards right at a B&M room.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Paranoia? Maybe....But Without Regulations U Can\'t Be Sure

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, some math/computer guru, will analyze this sites for a PhD thesis, and we will know which sites are honest and which sites are cutting corners....

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in clown college dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
How DARE you talk about LSU like that!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:01 PM

Dammit people: If I've told you once I've told you a hundred times! Tinfoil hats don't work anymore -- you have to use ALUMINUM foil lined in wax paper. Jesus!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 60 straight hands without seeing a face card. When having TPTK getting beat by a set, ect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Noooo?
That's terrible!

And juding by the rest of your post it sounds as though your only solution is to re-create new account all the time. I sure am glad I don't have that problem. I just keep winning non-stop. Maybe you should email Party and say that your account is broken or something.