Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Party rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
Competitive market rate, come on, u serious?
Reasonable. They try to get as much money they want and don't care about the players...

It would be great if 100s of semipros on 2+2 could make a deal and get out and ask for the best rakeback rate and the affiliate with the best offer gets it... That is a working market rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a seriously flawed understanding of economic theory.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be great if 100s of semipros on 2+2 could make a deal and get out and ask for the best rakeback rate and the affiliate with the best offer gets it. If he sees he can make 10000s of dollars getting 1.5% he might take that instead of not getting anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent idea, I'm in.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It would be great if 100s of semipros on 2+2 could make a deal and get out and ask for the best rakeback rate and the affiliate with the best offer gets it. If he sees he can make 10000s of dollars getting 1.5% he might take that instead of not getting anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Erik, a new thread is in order. Letting folks know about collective bargaining before they start signing up new accounts would be a good idea.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Erik, a new thread is in order. Letting folks know about collective bargaining before they start signing up new accounts would be a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys really need to get out of HUSH more. Go to the Internet Forum and let O' Doyle know you're interested, and under what circumstances you would join such a group (ie rakeback v. tourney/travel packages).
Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
"No collusion is involved. There are way too many affiliates for this to be possible. What you are seeing is a reasonable, competitive market rate based on what's available to them."

Competitive market rate, come on, u serious?
Reasonable. They try to get as much money they want and don't care about the players.

They can do that because the players are not organized at all, not even the top pros on WPT etc.

In golf and other games the top pros is being paid for providing television coverage. In poker they have to pay themselves and contest for their own money while the WPT and
makes big bucks on television coverage.

That is a working market rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know that there is a group of people planning on doing this. it's like small players' unions. whereas one person matters very little to an affiliate, if you could offer him 10 people and 200k hands a month that is pretty appealing.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What you guys received from your play on the skins should be considered a privilige and not looked at as a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The players get the blunt end of it, but you know what? Players aren't supposed to be getting rakeback to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you consider the tens (hundreds?) of thousands I'm sure you've made off your 140 signups?

I'm sure it was very, very hard work, and that the money barely compensates for all your time and effort.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What you guys received from your play on the skins should be considered a privilige and not looked at as a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The players get the blunt end of it, but you know what? Players aren't supposed to be getting rakeback to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you consider the tens (hundreds?) of thousands I'm sure you've made off your 140 signups?

I'm sure it was very, very hard work, and that the money barely compensates for all your time and effort.

Please, blow me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have any idea about who my players are or what I've done with them. The only thing you know about is the warped analysis of what you're able to gather in forums such as this.

My 140 players are all local players that we deal with on a day-to-day basis. They aren't 2+2ers, winning players, or power players. They are people that play 10 hours a month on average.

As far as the attention I have given them.....

You only know one way. Look around before you put your foot in your mouth. I personally work with all of my players concerning EVERYTHING. I do deposits. I do cashouts. I have spend countless hours with them on improving their games. I have purchased copies of Poker Tracker for them and have spent more time educating them on the functions of it than you could dream of. I have gone shopping for computers with them and have gone to the houses of "non-tech savys" to set systems up. I have spent an ENORMOUS amount of time on the phone with Party contacts in regards to whatever problems they've come across with their accounts. I see these players every day and my reputation with them is impeccable. They are fully aware of the money I make from their play and know that I have given it back to them ten-fold.

Next time, think very carefully before you open your mouth based on conclusions you've drawn from rakeback affiliates that don't offer what I do.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:39 PM

I was waiting for a response like this.

Do you disagree that there are plenty of affiliates who have gotten rich by doing relatively little?

Do you think they are somehow more deserving than the players that grind 50-100 hours each month?

Comments like these...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...imply that you do.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you disagree that there are plenty of affiliates who have gotten rich by doing relatively little?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rich affiliates? Yes. PLENTY. I'm not one of them.

The guys that started with affiliate programs when they first came out (poker pages, card player, etc.) are making a ridiculous amount. Do they deserve it? Sure, why not.

They are the innovators of an industry. There is a certain reward associated with that in any field. I don't begrudge them at all. The affiliates with the most original Party accounts are those that provide a service to us; a service that is free for us to use and is compensated by sponsor links and advertisements. Give credit where credit is due.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think they are somehow more deserving than the players that grind 50-100 hours each month?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

In retrospect, Party should have carefully screened their affiliates before offering an account to just anyone and they should have had a rakeback plan from day one. Unfortunatly, 5 years ago, they couldn't foresee what was going to happen today. They wove their own tangled web, and I'm sure they are kicking themselves for that decision.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:52 AM

Since when did it become OK to discuss rakeback on strategy forums? Is it because it affects the mods' bottom line now?