Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Forum Changes

[ QUOTE ]
This is something that is currently being discussed amongst the mods and admins. Is it possible? Yes. However, we don't want to start changing people's names because of possibly inciting forum chaos. At present time, it's not happening. If it ever happens, it will have to be personally approved by Mat, and any change you make to your name would almost certainly have to leave your new name recognizable as to who you were, ala benkath1 --> benkath. Don't hold your breath about this, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob. just wanted to knock off the kath1 and go with just ben. never dreamed I'd have close to 1500 posts when I signed up here. The old Yahoo email account name isn't as poker savvy as bottomset, or JaxUp, or @bsoluteluck. No biggy though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JaxUp

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet fancy moses, I never even realized that was poker related; don't I feel like a tool. Damned kids and their crazy kewld00d spelling.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JaxUp

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet fancy moses, I never even realized that was poker related; don't I feel like a tool. Damned kids and their crazy kewld00d spelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel so cool now. I've often wondered if people got this.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JaxUp

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably never knew the benkath was a flopped full house from the BB with 72o. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 AM

I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting just "ben." There are no doubt a lot of Ben's on this board, and some of those have names that are a lot closer to "Ben" than "benkath1" that they might want trimmed if this came to be. Not to mention that your name should still be distinctive.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 AM

If we are searching for one of your many glorious posts, should we use MrWookie47 or MrWookie?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JaxUp

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably never knew the benkath was a flopped full house from the BB with 72o. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit. as if the grannie mae wasn't bad enuf. now i can never fold 72o from the BB.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 AM

That's a very good question. I went and ran some tests. If you're searching for something recent, you search for MrWookie. If you're searching on the Archive server, you need to use MrWookie47. Searching for MrWookie will not yield posts my MrWookie47 in that case. Further evidence that the search feature sucks and that you should consider using google.

Edit: I guess google isn't smart enough to realize that a search of archiveserver.twoplustwo.com for MrWookie isn't a search for MrWookie47 either.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 AM

Wookie:

More forum stuff that I hope you can get fixing.

Before, if you typed something in this box, then clicked back to look at what you were replying to, then clicked forward, your text would stay in the box. But it doesn't do that anymore.

I think this feature is CRUCIAL, especially since you can't reply on the same page as the hand is -- when I'm reviewing hands by street, I need to look at the hand multiple times while I'm replying.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:06 AM

WTF! Why does it go to the newest unread post when I click a thread? That makes no sense.