Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much do you think the U.S. is currently spending?
>14% 0 0%
14 0 0%
12 1 4.35%
10 1 4.35%
8 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 1 4.35%
4 0 0%
3 1 4.35%
2 4 17.39%
1 2 8.70%
<1% 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: take home exam situation

In my experience, these timed take-home exams always gave me more than enough time to finish the exam to my satisfaction. So I'd say if you need more than 8 hours, you're just stupid, and no matter how much time you take, you'll do poorly on the exam.

A desire to work with others would also suggests that you are stupid, for two reasons. First, why give your peers the advantage of using your answers? Unless you're stupider than they, working together wouldn't benefit you. Two, you'll get caught very easily doing this, and get kicked out of school.

Finally, cheating in grad school is pointless; you'll get good marks even if you turn in a piece of dog sh!t.

Unless you're truly posting this question out of curiosity, you are a fool.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, cheating in grad school is pointless; you'll get good marks even if you turn in a piece of dog sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on testing this hypothesis over the next three days.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:00 PM

wow, its always amazing to me how many ***** players are cheaters. It bothers me more because most of the people here are probably of genius IQ or close to it.

If you are intelligent enough to beat ***** you are intelligent enough to succeed without cheating.

/end moral rant.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, its always amazing to me how many ***** players are cheaters. It bothers me more because most of the people here are probably of genius IQ or close to it.

If you are intelligent enough to beat ***** you are intelligent enough to succeed without cheating.

/end moral rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, maybe we're intelligent enough to weigh the ev of cheating on a test the same way we weigh the ev of countless other decisions.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:29 AM

My god so many of you are liars. Your holier than though, "cheating is always wrong" diatribe you are giving to others is so hypocritical it isn't even funny. Ok, the 2nd question I believe. I wouldn't feel the need to work with others. You people that say you wouldn't go over the 8 hours are bull shitters though. If you felt the only way you could pass was to go over the 8 hours, you would do it. 100% of you. Don't even try to answer back "I have integrity and morals, blah blah", cause you're lying. You wouldn't fail an entire graduate level class by stopping at 8 hours if it only took 10 hours for you to have a passing final exam. Sheesh.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Depens how difficult the exam is. I would probably "sit" the exam with a good/trusted friend(s), and discuss it with them while we worked. Just to alleviate the boredom more than anything. If it takes longer than the alloted time, whatever, but I doubt it will.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:28 PM

are you kidding, you cheat as much as you can when you can, have someone else you know can ace it take it for you.

Honor system my a..

Seriously though you just need to pass/fail the class for a fancy piece of paper that looks good on a resume. I can't name one thing I took in a college class that I use in my everyday life or needed in my carerr.

The places I applied at only wanted to know I suffered like they did and took the classes/ graduated with a decent GPA no one asks how you passed them.

The only reason not to , is if the prof is gonan find out or you have an amzingly guilty complex about this sort of thing.