Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Results & Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
...or he has a monster, in which case I'm in deep kimchee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart people want to be inundated with kimchee. You meant natto, methinks.

Also, I think situational hands are both the most useful and the most interesting. Posts here should be highly read dependent. The world of mid-stakes and larger poker is small, even online, and we run across the same people over and over.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: One for mike l. (You others can read it, too)

i like your play here he isnt a fool so will stop somewhat soon anyway. as soon as you get the feel he really likes his hand you must stop. i would rather get the extra double bet later on if you can when you are in a better spot with the board. going to 6 on the flop is certainly right as well. plus you get to win a pot a dog cant jump over later on when you get a set against two pair or something, as generally the other players cant differentiate in the future as they just remember you as a nutcase with a sh--t eating grin.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:07 AM

I love kimchee, but I don't like to drown in it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they just remember you as a nutcase with a sh--t eating grin.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and they would be wrong how, exactly??? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8/15 is 53%. the 55% number is used as a marking just to show that you have to count the times you are reraised or checkraised. but in this case the villian is desperate to beat fro boy. he will call with more hands here than before since he thinks hero is raising too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your analysis in the orignal post is still correct given the hand ranges AA, AK, KK. AA is reraising here I think very often. As you indicated in the original post, when the queen hits...its just very clear to AA, after king flops and then the queen hits and opponent comes to life that he has KQ.

8 Times raising gains one bet. Obviously not a full 7 times, but a lot of other times, raising loses two bets. I am just addressing the math of the given hand ranges and not speaking to the additional hands.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:29 AM

Ray, when will you just tell him that limit poker is for dolts?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"His 3 bet is to take control of the hand, and my range of his hands hasn't really changed too much. I just smooth called because it is fairly likely that he either has air, and is drawing close to dead (2 or 3 outs), or he has a monster, in which case I'm in deep kimchee."

see surfdoc i told you this would be the reasoning. it's good reasoning too. nice hand sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes you did. I think it is just somewhat difficult for us primarily online folks to wrap our brains around some of these types of situations where there is so much history between two players and hand values change so drastically. I just looked at the original post and the tough part here is still that the BB (John) capped a "passive" SB players 3 bet. If John is not psycho he has to realize that playing a trash hand here for a cap is a very quick way to go broke especially with Sucker having position. Although when the SB bows out on the flop it all makes sense for the rest of the hand.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:38 PM

FU
Old 08-07-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic post.

Despite what others may have said in this thread, I find your posts awesome, and I always come away with a new point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will also join the JA Suckup..I mean JA Sucker fan club.

Lawrence
Old 08-08-2005, 02:01 AM

with a good chance for a free dinner from each of you i will not be unkind to either until i collect. then its open season.