Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Best American rock band??

"possibly" led zeppelin? there is no debate as to the fact that zep WAS the greatest rock band of all time. they did it all. to put them in the same sentence as pink floyd is bothersome. floyd was trying too hard to be zep. I like their music but it isn't very imaginative.

the eagles suck so much. they didn't do anything interesting. you could predict every one of their melodies. give me a break.

other bands in their category that also suck, but appear to be good: boston, GNR, aerosmith (although some of their earlier stuff was OK.. not beatles or stones good but you could tolerate it), steppenwolf (american?), and I can't think of any others for osme reason. nirvana and metallica were OK, but overrated.

my vote goes to the jimi hendrix experience. although it really was just jimi hendrix, so I feel weird calling it one of the best "bands". if you did that then you'd have to consider Bowie... who I would say was the best stand-alone musician of all time. (not really much debate about that either.)

honorable mentions include the talking heads, phish, the grateful dead (I'm only sort of sure that they're american..), pearl jam, and the beach boys... although pearl jam is the only one in that group that really qualifies as "rock," I guess.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:54 PM

AAAHHH and holy [censored] I forgot Rush. they could be the best american rock band of all time.. DEFINATELY the best rock band of the 80's.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AAAHHH and holy [censored] I forgot Rush. they could be the best american rock band of all time.. DEFINATELY the best rock band of the 80's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any other non-American bands you want to toss in here?

Zeppelin is British and RUSH is Canadian.

Happy 4th
Old 07-04-2005, 04:15 PM

EAGLES SUCK!

Jimi Hendrix, nobody else comes close.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:18 PM

Your play, brilliant IMO.

Delete your post while you still can!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
floyd was trying too hard to be zep

[/ QUOTE ]

This is without a doubt the worst statement anyone has ever made about music in the history of music or that will ever be made in the all encompassing music-time continuum. This statement is so bad it has actually caused a small tear in some musically gifted child's brain. A tear that will cause him eventually to hemmorage and die in withering agony because of the absolute and undeniably retardedness of the statement.

You have caused the early death of the next Mozart. Are you proud of yourself?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
floyd was trying too hard to be zep

[/ QUOTE ]

This is without a doubt the worst statement anyone has ever made about music in the history of music or that will ever be made in the all encompassing music-time continuum. This statement is so bad it has actually caused a small tear in some musically gifted child's brain. A tear that will cause him eventually to hemmorage and die in withering agony because of the absolute and undeniably retardedness of the statement.

You have caused the early death of the next Mozart. Are you proud of yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]
take it easy hoss. you can almost hear no quarter and in through the out door in the dark side of the moon. am I wrong? do you really think floyd was *that* original? yes, they made good music, and I enjoy it. but we're talking groundbreaking originality here, not stuff that's simply fun to listen to.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any other non-American bands you want to toss in here?

Zeppelin is British and RUSH is Canadian.

Happy 4th

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know rush was canadian.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:29 PM

Are you retarted? DSTOM was released in '73, In Through The Out Door was released in '79.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarted? DSTOM was released in '73, In Through The Out Door was released in '79.

[/ QUOTE ]
point! OK, you got me, I clearly don't study floyd, these are just arbitrary speculations based on my shameless devotion to zep. may you enjoy your 4th.