Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Paradise Million Strategy?

i posted like that when i first registered.

Then again i'm not sure if i would have stopped if i hadn't had people respond negatively
Old 09-03-2005, 09:26 PM

making him feel like an idiot might help.

edit: just to clarify, i'm really not sure if it's better to try to lead new posters along or try the trail by fire making someone feel like an idiot so they either stop posting or actually put in some effort to learn.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:10 PM

Most here wouldn't act this way to his face, goes a LONG way to revealing their true character, or lack thereof.

And for those about to pipe up and state they'd do the same in person, thanks for proving my point [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...cheers!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:52 PM

starting blinds are based on formula:
avg. chip stack/40-> yields starting blinds of 24k/12k and 3k ante which is not the same as when we paused at the final table
Old 09-04-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go that way...REEEEALLY FAST. If a tree gets in your way... TURN.

[/ QUOTE ]

GL dude.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:36 PM

If you go over the top of someone - expect to be called. The other players will be gambling and not in survival mode.

with this is mind...go over the top with any hand that you think might be superior to your opponents - even a little bit. It's obviously not about survival. Don't be afraid of taking advantage of those small edges. Pocket deuces vs. A-K? sure, why not? you double up twice, you're in the game! Making a "move" will probably cost you the tournament. Stay aggressive - pick your spots - and don't forget about us when you win the million dollars...
For other tips and ideas, watch "live at the Bike"
Old 09-06-2005, 09:49 AM

I don't care how retarded the structure is. Hell, I'd give a shot at a bubble-blowing contest if the buy-in was free and first place was a million.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where do I find a 2+2 shirt or cap?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, the perfect person to represent twoplustwo.

You've made five posts, obviously because you are looking for quick answers to solve your problems without doing any homework for yourself. For some reason you decided to enter a tournament with an absolutely insane structure, and you ask questions like "how should the cameras affect my play?"

Between laziness, lack of foresight and downright stupidity, you are basically the essential twoplustwo posterchild.

Call David and maybe he can root you on personally from the audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what a close counter is? Good luck with your bitter existence.

While your sentiments make sense, there are many more constructive ways to communicate them. In the future, I suggest working on that if you're interested in improving the quality of these forums as you contend you are. There will always be takers on informational forums and the only thing you can do about it is encourage them not to be (which you have not done). If you're all concerned about everyone making a contribution you need to 1. get a life, and 2, enter the real world. All a hostile atmosphere does is create drama. Drama can be fun, but it seems to mostly degrade serious discussions into petty namecalling and arguing. How about a nice disreet PM asking the OP to not just ask and take from the forum?

I urge you to try to be a more positive influence for the sake of the forum. You don't have to do it because I said anything (and I'm sure you wouldn't because it might look like you were losing face), but I hope I can get you thinking about what you're trying to achieve and how what you're doing does or does not affect that goal.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:04 AM

dance with the girl that brung ya
Old 09-07-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Next time don't play in a tournament with an absolutely retarded structure and rules like this.

But enjoy your 10k, I guess. If you had actually entered a tournament with a real structure you'd be making a ton more on average, but hey YOU COULD WIN A MILLION!!!!!!!!!111111111111

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, pass up a free shot at potentially big money. Brilliant advice.

[/ QUOTE ]i really dont think the hassle of doing all the satellites and earning points to get into the satellites is worth it especially with the payout structure. like i said i would kill myself if i got 2nd which is -EV. i hope OP gets 2nd cuz i would really laugh for a hour lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah who wants a free trip to "paradise" and at least 10K for like one day of free poker - sounds retarded [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i'd much rather hammer out 5,000 table hours at 2/4 at home cause that sounds MUCH MORE fun than paradise