Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Empire just freeze for you?

Untill next thursday?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:19 PM

Just got in so missed it, but now I cant even join wait lists. 600 raked hands tomorrow night it is.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:28 PM

Well, it looks like it's back up now (and status page says "Good").

Of course, thousands of people are all logging in and trying to sit down at tables...

Update: Nope, back to "Fair" status.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:34 PM

Eurobet still seems to think I have money at the tables...
Old 09-05-2005, 09:38 PM

Their support told me up to 48 hours to get it unstuck.

Dear Customer

Thank you for your message

Please be advised that the problems that was causing money to be stuck on the tables has been fixed,
however any stuck money should be cleared within 24-48 hours, and all clients will be refunded,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this,

Kind regards
Kyle
Eurobet
Customer services
Old 09-05-2005, 09:39 PM

It's times like these I need an account on Stars [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 09:46 PM

I think it is back up a running but only a couple of tables at each limit, over 100 people on some waiting list wtf [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 09:47 PM

They're slowly adding tables, I think. I'm seated now.

[ QUOTE ]
Real Money games status:
Status at 05-09-2005 21:50:01 EST: [b]Very Good
Old 09-06-2005, 04:53 AM

I was playing in the 20:00 EST $25+2 $5k guarantee MTT on Empire when this happened. After 20 minutes of waiting I left to go do other things, and the tournament restarted. About 45 minutes later I logged back into Empire to find the tournament running once again myself nearly blinded out (135 chips in the 75/150 level). The last time a tournament froze on Empire, I waited 20 minutes before giving up and got a refund a few hours later.

I emailed Empire requesting a refund and this is what I got back from their awesome "Customer Care" department:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to your e-mail, I see that the $5000 Daily Guaranteed ($25/$2) tournament for which you were registered is running smoothly and as there is no difficulty we will not be able to refund you. However, I see that the tournament is still running and we will not be able to tell you as to what happened in the tournament. I request you to please write back to us once the tournament is finished so that we can look into this and assist you.

However, I would also like to inform you that if you are registered for a tournament you are required to login 15 minutes prior to the tournament start and you will be taken to the table automatically. If you are not playing on the table then the blinds will be posted automatically and you will finish the tournament once all the chips are over.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Garima
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

My reply:

[ QUOTE ]
There absolutely "was difficulty" with this tournament. I went back and looked at my Poker Tracker hand histories for the exact information:

***** Hand History for Game 2660931394 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:15483176 Level:2 Blinds (10/20) - Monday, September 05, 21:36:25 EDT 2005
Table $5000 Daily Guaranteed(441868) Table #7 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: steveodwyer ( $930 )
Seat 2: KBalentine ( $855 )
Seat 3: Nefarious99 ( $970 )
Seat 4: paynoattn ( $2470 )
Seat 5: JSHighRise ( $340 )
Seat 6: loucarleo111 ( $2730 )
Seat 8: cvilleknight ( $2080 )
Seat 10: gonzo8888 ( $3050 )
Trny:15483176 Level:2
Blinds (10/20)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to steveodwyer [ Qd 5d ]
cvilleknight folds.
gonzo8888 folds.
steveodwyer folds.
KBalentine folds.
Nefarious99 folds.
paynoattn folds.
JSHighRise calls [10].
loucarleo111 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, 5h, Js ]
JSHighRise checks.
loucarleo111 bets [20].
JSHighRise folds.
loucarleo111 does not show cards.
loucarleo111 wins 60 chips
?
what's going on here?
did the server just go

Several players at my table continued to chat for 20+ minutes. No other hands were being dealt on other tables in this tournament, or any other tournament on your website. Do not claim ignorance that your tournaments went down sometime right after the above hand was dealt at Monday, September 05, 21:36:25 EDT 2005. After 20 minutes I had enough with the waiting and closed your software and went to do other things. When I came back and logged on 45 minutes later, the tournament had restarted and I was down to 135 chips. It is completely absurd that you expect all players to sit and wait that long for a tournament to resume.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this back a little later:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry you experienced problems during the Multi-Table tournament # 441868. This was due to technical difficulties at the site. For reasons beyond our control, we had to pause the tournament for a while. However, we requested all Our players to remain logged in. Please be assured that the issue has now been resolved.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Puja
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

and now my latest reply:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, this issue has not "been resolved." How did you request that I remain logged in? I didn't see any message of the sort. Did you call my cell phone to personally ask me to sit in front of my computer while you fixed the problem? Did you send a letter to my neighbor via UPS to have him come knock on my door and make sure my eyes didn't leave my computer screen? Did you somehow figure out my AOL instant messenger screenname and send me an IM saying "HAY STEVE WE'RE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM SIT TIGHT LOL"?

What did I miss?

The last time I played on Empire and a tournament froze (June 1st, I looked up the email and I'll forward it to you if I have to), I left after 20 minutes of waiting and within 6 hours I had my refund plus my cut of the dead money left in the prize pool divided by chip count. Why was the tournament restarted this time?

I absolutely think I deserve a refund and I'd appreciate it if I stop getting form responses from your "Customer Care" department.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in the wrong thinking I should get a refund, am I?