"power drill the furry love-gates with the nether rod"

Great site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I laughed at:

"ram-drive the fish supper with the yoghurt dispenser"

and I wrote the darn thing.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

I going to address your two points in reverse order.

On point two, you need to have a healthier attitude about alcohol in moderation. Learn how to nurse a beer or two in social situations. You'll probably run into situations professionally in the future, and you don't want to be an anti-booze-whackjob at the company holiday party.

On point one, you can chase drunk bimbos at parties while remaining sober or some approximation thereof.

I know that ootiot advice is infallible and all, but maybe talking with a shrink about it can't hurt.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM

It's not just alcohol. Any decent drug will do(except weed which will never get you laid.) If you get alot of drugs you can attract easy women that will [censored] you for free drugs.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll probably run into situations professionally in the future, and you don't want to be an anti-booze-whackjob at the company holiday party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous thinking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].....how does choosing not to drink make one a whackjob....I hardly believe making a concious choice to not drink will ruin your chances of having any professional success!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone konw why a lot of the time I can blackout but not have an awful hangover in the morning, but then other nights I have a painful hangover but didnt black out?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the type and amount of alcohol you drink, length of time you spent drinking, level of hydration, amount of food in your system, amount of sleep you got, etc.

I doubt all of these things are the same every time you drink, so the effects are going to vary.

I imagine your level of hydration would be the biggest single factor.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the main reasons you (we) get hangovers is because our bodies didn't get *enough* alcohol. If you have a chemical dependence on booze, then drinking enough to blackout will let you sit pretty for a few days.

As you can see Clayton, alcohol is …somewhat bad for you… [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I didn’t drink until I was 21 because I was afraid I would become addicted to it, since I have a crazy addictive personality. I started drinking, found that it was fun, then found that it was REALLY fun, then stopped having fun and have cut back pretty far. Of course I was in college til I was 25, so I didn’t miss anything either.

Wait until your ready, then be cautious—stay within your limits. Same advice you’d get in another forum about a ****different subject.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hit on girls who smoke. Remember, "if she smokes, she pokes."

Furthermore, having two drinks at a frat party isn't going to make you black out. You don't have to do keg stands every time you drink, just ease into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find the chicks who like the nose candy. Girls who party with the nose party in bed.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'll probably run into situations professionally in the future, and you don't want to be an anti-booze-whackjob at the company holiday party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous thinking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].....how does choosing not to drink make one a whackjob....I hardly believe making a concious choice to not drink will ruin your chances of having any professional success!

[/ QUOTE ]

If the OP acts funny around alcohol or people who are drinking, it could affect his career. It totally depends on what industry he ends up in.

For example, I wouldn't totally obstain from booze if I had to have dinner with a bunch of sales guys from work. At a minimum I'd have at least one drink to fit in.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the OP acts funny around alcohol or people who are drinking, it could affect his career. It totally depends on what industry he ends up in.

For example, I wouldn't totally obstain from booze if I had to have dinner with a bunch of sales guys from work. At a minimum I'd have at least one drink to fit in.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why do you have to drink to "fit in" I'll have a flippin diet coke and fit in just fine...

So my friend who doesnt drink at all is at a sales meeting, and should have a drink even though rampant alcoholism runs in his family just so he can "fit in" professionally.

Theres absoulutely nothing out there can justify this line of thinking.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
he's a freshman in college. not a 30something born again christian.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a really dumb response.

i'm obviously not talking about him being boring and exclaiming I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL SIR when somebody offers him some. you can just say 'hey no thanks' or 'not right now' and it doesn't call attention to the fact that you're a non-drinker. if you're still fun and social you won't be crippled women-wise, and your confidence in the situation will make you that much more attractive.

haven't you ever run into somebody where you had no idea they were a christian, a vegetarian, didn't drink/take drugs, or whatever and they didn't call attention to themselves? i'm always struck with how cool it is of somebody if they just politely decline or whatever over and over until you notice a pattern, ask them, and then they surprise you by saying they never do it. they always seemed 'normal' too.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's a freshman in college. not a 30something born again christian.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a really dumb response.

i'm obviously not talking about him being boring and exclaiming I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL SIR when somebody offers him some. you can just say 'hey no thanks' or 'not right now' and it doesn't call attention to the fact that you're a non-drinker. if you're still fun and social you won't be crippled women-wise, and your confidence in the situation will make you that much more attractive.

haven't you ever run into somebody where you had no idea they were a christian, a vegetarian, didn't drink/take drugs, or whatever and they didn't call attention to themselves? i'm always struck with how cool it is of somebody if they just politely decline or whatever over and over until you notice a pattern, ask them, and then they surprise you by saying they never do it. they always seemed 'normal' too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that emotion