Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Another limit adventure - fundamentals : being dominated sucks

you mean i drop off the face of the earth for months and there's still people who don't check/call check/call bet here?

presuming, of course, there was some really good reason for not folding preflop...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand was played way too passively
preflop call is fine IMO, but need to either c/r teh flop or the turn. that was u have a better way of knowing where you're at.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you post this?

[/ QUOTE ]\

He is posting this because the line recommended is contrary to the standard line taken here at 2p2. I do think that the king on the river makes the standard line problematic, however, since the previous action would be highly inconsistent with taking the standard line, given this river card.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I seem to think that if we're going to c/c, c/c, b/f, then we should c/c the flop and bet fold the turn. This would cost us 1BB less than the former line and not allow this to get checked thru. If we get raised we can easily dump it. Getting raised would also mean that the only outs we had if we were behind were the three tens, in which case we didn't have odds to call the turn bet anyway.

Just my .02 even though that may be all its worth.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just calling down is really weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. So we've already used one tired, incorrect cliche that constantly appears on these boards in this thread: "[raise so you have a] better way of knowing where you're at" and here's a second: "[not raising] is really weak." Why don't you guys try to "outplay him postflop too?"

Better yet, minimize the number of bets you put in when you're behind and maxmize the number you make when you're ahead. You have to think about villain's range of hands here and what line you can take that will acheive this: keep him from folding a worse hand when you're ahead and keep from putting in lots of bets when behind. You don't need to raise for information; you already know you're crushed or crushing and what are you going to do with this extra information that might save you .5 SB? Fold? Taking passive lines is okay; you have to find the line that maximizes your overall EV against his range of hands. That is how you outplay someone postflop.

Now please, stop wasting bets to get information, realize that it's okay to call sometimes and start understanding the keys to limit hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just screenshotted this post and made it my background.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I seem to think that if we're going to c/c, c/c, b/f, then we should c/c the flop and bet fold the turn. This would cost us 1BB less than the former line and not allow this to get checked thru. If we get raised we can easily dump it. Getting raised would also mean that the only outs we had if we were behind were the three tens, in which case we didn't have odds to call the turn bet anyway.

Just my .02 even though that may be all its worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this because it sets up confusion on the river if opponent calls your turn bet. Is the river line to bet/fold again?

Also... while you may be saving more when you are beat, you are certainly winning less when you are winning. I think the whole point of this thread was balancing those two possibilities.

PS --- Does the C/C, C/C, B/F line alter at all if opponent checks behind us on the turn? Namely, when we lead out again on the river, do we still fold to a raise?