Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 12:48 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: 10/20 AQs preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like a call and pray for spades. a 3 bet seems spewy to me. you can psychologically get away easier, you are usually behind, and there are several still to act. against a 10/20 Lag I would call. i don't mind inviting others in because my hand plays well mulitway. creating a monster pot that may be capped pf would allow any hand to properly draw. we have just a strong enough holding to call, and besides that for me, it is closer to a fold than a 3 bet. closer to a fold because i have reservations about a possible reraise behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate any line preflop which requires me to hope for cards to come, or to hope for cards not to come, or to hope at all.

This is partly toungue-in-cheek but mostly honest.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i was being facetious, i don't hope for anything when i play a hand. my only desire is to play it appropriately given the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand, but I was attempting to underscore the fact that when we coldcall with AQs against a currently-unknown 5% PFR, we have to hope for a few things, don't we?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why this is closer to a fold than a 3 bet IMO. the only reason i said call was due to the apparent crappiness of those involved/potentially involved. if he was 12/5 i would automuck.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm siding with John Feeney on this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

John Feeney refers to AQo.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM

Are you referring to the AQ test essay? Cuz I think that centers on AQo, not AQs. Maybe I'm off somewhere here.

My ego? You mean when I think about me vs. a 60 vpip I guess.

I don't know where else to go with this I guess. I just look for every opportunity to get involved in hands with very poor players. Mucking this makes me feel dirty. Perhaps I'm imagining things here or whatever...
Old 12-02-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm siding with John Feeney on this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

John Feeney refers to AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but suitedness primarily makes a difference in multiway pots which you have no guarantee of. Just a bit of hope.

If you had very very loose players behind you who all played badly or you had a better read on this guy's postflop tendencies it could be a really easy coldcall or perhaps even a really easy 3-bet. And I don't really hate any option you choose here, but until I know what I'm up against, I prefer to fold.

Rob