Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: lurker request; DERB update!

the puzzling thing to me, ever since the first DERB thread, is why...
Old 06-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Default DERB = Lojzka

There. Why the pseudo-secret? If DERB cared he'd have changed his screenname by now.

Good luck.
Eric

PS. I think this is very interesting. I still think his results are most likely to be explained by luck, but there have been many excellent posts explaining how someone could have a good win rate with a high VP$IP. Playing the blinds very well seems like one possibility. It's tough to beat solid players when they are raising UTG. Most people know how to handle aces. There's been very little written about blind attack / defense though, and many people are out of sorts here, figuring it out for themselves. Someone who plays their blind a lot and plays it well for the specific opponent they are facing could do very well, I think.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 PM

What's with the gay response to Barron?
Old 06-22-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you'd be right. and he makes WAYYYYYYYYY more than any 2p2 nitboy. the best player, running the best on this board doesn't make as much over such a long stretch.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are joking. Because he definitely is not a better player than everybody on here that plays in the pp30-60 game. And, there is no way he earns more than the best 30-60pp players.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: DERB = Lojzka

I think it is in Poker Essays 3 that Malmuth says that to become one of the worlds greatest players you need to have been playing like a fish...
Not in these words...but anyway.
Just that, playing loose puts you in more hard situations and decisions.
Almost all agree that a lot of SH teaches you to play better because of the blindsplay, where you are forced to play fish hands.
Still 30/19 seems like better 6max stats then full ring game ones...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you'd be right. and he makes WAYYYYYYYYY more than any 2p2 nitboy. the best player, running the best on this board doesn't make as much over such a long stretch.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are joking. Because he definitely is not a better player than everybody on here that plays in the pp30-60 game. And, there is no way he earns more than the best 30-60pp players.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody on this board makes over 3bb/100 through 100k hands. there is a way he makes more than the best 30/60 players. hes done it.

it may still be luck, but he 3bets tighties very lightly and takes big pots away on teh turn and river. he reisolates isolaters and again takes pots on turn and river. james282 is up on him to the tune of 2k on my database. i'm up on him 1.6k over i dont know how many hands. his style is unsuccessful against us. but it is VERY successful against other players who have similar #s to ours but dont adjust to him.

the longer this "run" continues, the more liekly i think it is that he plays a brand of poker unheard of to us 16%vpipers and plays it well.

-Barron
Old 06-22-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager he makes quite a bit more than the typical 2+2 nitboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I said the typical 2+2 nitboy. I never said all 2+2 nitboys. But kudos to you for your lack of reading comprehension.

Keep us posted on how your "fish" is doing.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com

[/ QUOTE ]

uh andrew, what did i do to upset you? i misread and placed 'any' instead of 'typical'

but i agreed with your point and i stated in addition to your point. he makes more than the BEST players on this board.

-Barron
Old 06-22-2005, 07:32 PM

You should be more precise.
Perhaps he has made more than anyone in that particular 30-60 game. But surely he doesn't make close to what the best players on here make. He would get killed against tougher opposition at the higher limits. From what I can gather he loses to all the good players who adjust properly. I know he's one of my biggest donators in that game.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:10 PM

While my data is a bit more meager than some of you on this issue, can any of us honestly say that we're making more /100 than him? I know I can't... Since this all started, I've said that I'd like to understand why this is happening, outside of the "statistical variance" line. I believe it's possible he really is that much better than many of the top players at that level.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM

You people are getting blinded by the money amounts. Yes he does some good plays, but he has some awful fundmental leaks. Honestly, just try to get a VP$IP of 30% in the 30/60.