Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Foul Ball

Last try to get you in the real world ball game.

Propaganda from dictionary.com:
[ QUOTE ]
prop·a·gan·da ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prp-gnd)
n.

1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.
3. Propaganda Roman Catholic Church. A division of the Roman Curia that has authority in the matter of preaching the gospel, of establishing the Church in non-Christian countries, and of administering Church missions in territories where there is no properly organized hierarchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sytstematic propogation of a doctrine. MEMRI systematically provides a snapshot of Arab opinion which is one-sided by picking and choosing what articles to translate. Even if every article is an exact and true translation (which i doubt of MEMRI personally) of the original author -- attempting to consistently and systematically portray a group in a negative light is propaganda.

MEMRI is founded as a propaganda engine, functions as one and attempts to manipulate the opinions of its readership.

But, I know clear reasoning when it comes to your bigotted Islam hating mind is not to be expected.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:54 AM

Default For your reference

Given that you are worked up in a later again. Here is the original reference to propaganda in my post.

[ QUOTE ]
Just as our propaganda gets some of our fellow posters all worked up in a lather about Islamists.

[/ QUOTE ]

MEMRI, FOX and the rest of your bookmark list!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Strike Three

You cannot support your assertion with even one specific instance. End of story.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: You still have trouble reading

MEMRI provides a one-sided extremist view of Islamic opinion.

MEMRI is a well oiled machine and those posters who quote from it and regularly read it get an unbalanced view of Islam, the Arabs and the middle east opinions.

The only way this statement could possibly hold any water is if you provide me links, right now, to Arab/Islamic websites that show the average Arab tolerates Jews and would in fact "shake hands with a Jew."

Do you see how ridiculous it is that there is even a question? Those interviewees were not Sheiks and Mullahs. They were average people on the street.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:02 PM

Default Nonsense

This is the first I've heard of this and without even considering it further you can tell that it isn't true. There are obvious problems: if they can't identify the agent how do they know that it's internationally outlawed, the comparison to Halajba, etc.

Overall (and assuming I'm right), it's a perfect example of elitist propaganda reporting by those that have no respect for their audience.

You can't fight garbage from the right with garbage from the left, it merely plays into their hands. The U.S. is almost certainly killing civilians in Falluja for the cause of maintaining a criminal occupation of a defenseless nation. Now all the reports of such deaths can be accompanied by caveats about other exaggerations and falsehoods like this one.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Nonsense

The title of your post perfectly describes everything that followed, well done Chris.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:03 PM

Default I want to see you

stand in front of a massive batallion, say, the Airborne Rangers, or even just a class of Marines who just got back from Iraq, and loudly accuse them of the following, cut-and-pasted from your post:

The U.S. is almost certainly killing civilians in Falluja.

My guess is you'll pussy out, because you've never even met an Iraqi, let alone seen one grain of sand from Iraq, let alone watched a US soldier kill a civilian.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: US Troops Reportedly Gassing Fallujah

[ QUOTE ]
And that somehow bothers you. Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you kidding me? That picture is Osama's wildest dream come true. His goal from the beginning was to unite the Muslim world, and what would do it better than American tanks with crosses on them rolling into one of their countries?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 PM

it is a rosary, not a cross, there is a big difference.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 PM

If you honestly think the whole Arab world is going to rise up against the US because one US soldier happens to have a rosary on his Bradley you are delusional. Besides, at the first cry of outrage the commanders would make that soldier put it under his vest.