Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Weak Tight you say Mikel?

[ QUOTE ]
Black guy checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi robyn its scott, I did not know you were pokerbabe. Even though I play against you often I will help you here. If I was not so busy deciding if I was going to pay of a river blank I would have bet the river myself because you have a bad habit of checking the river with the best hand on the end too often.

For what it is worth your anaysis of this hand is correct but you tend to give me too narrow a hand range in general. To the point I did not like my Jacks vs. your three bet even though they my hand was way in the upper end of my range of raising hands in this spot. Like I said I was not even sure if I was going to pay of the river and only called the turn because I felt like there was a good chance you would give me a free showdown. Overall I think you are solid but miss some value bets that I would expect someone with your obvious knowlage of the game to make. You are right that QQ is probably the only hand I would pay you off with here.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black guy checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi robyn its scott, I did not know you were pokerbabe.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. You didn't know who she was but you knew it was you due to being called the "black guy" in the hand. We definitely need to diversify this game some...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is funny. You didn't know who she was but you knew it was you due to being called the "black guy" in the hand. We definitely need to diversify this game some...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
30-60 Bellagio dayshift, solid playing Black guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure it was me already at this point before I even read the hand. I was also pretty sure it was robyn when I read that also because she has to be the only female day player there that could possibly be a 2+2er.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure it was me already at this point before I even read the hand. I was also pretty sure it was robyn when I read that also because she has to be the only female day player there that could possibly be a 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I forgot that the specifics of the location were given as well -- thought you pulled that out of nowhere, which is where the (minimal) amount of humor was found.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, I forgot that the specifics of the location were given as well -- thought you pulled that out of nowhere, which is where the (minimal) amount of humor was found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny also. I also thought it was funny I knew it was robyn before I read the hand as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:03 AM

You really need to change your handle to The Black Guy
Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 AM

LMAO!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right that QQ is probably the only hand I would pay you off with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

but your range is higher here than qq and jj. you could have ajh or kjh. also, if the babe often follows thru on the turn with aq and ak then gives a free sd then you could have a10 or 88, 99.

you are saying you fold these to the river bet? cool. they are likely good folds against this type of player and i would likely do the same. pokerbabe mentions that she knows she only gets paid off by the qq here.

so my question is, hey babe, why the hell dont you bluff the riv with ak and aq?

you have cultivated this image for so long now, its time to start stealing a few pots here and there.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:47 PM

"you have cultivated this image"

no she didnt. she just doesnt know how to play any other way. she plays weak tight because she is weak tight. she hasnt been purposefully creating an image she can now exploit by playing differently. she's not capable of that. the very best players are.

CULTIVATE: to foster the growth of c : to improve by labor, care, or study :
Old 09-28-2005, 02:37 PM

I don't think it's accurate to say she doesn't know how to play any other way. She plays in a way with which she's comfortable. She's comfortable with it because she wins and because it suits her personality. It's not possible that she doesn't know how to play any differently. Everyone knows how to play differently.