Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: 2004 USPC final table

From what I saw, Dags just had a meltdown. I didnt see or hear Hoyt do anything out of line. Norm and Lon may have been talking over it but afterwards Hoyt was saying "Tough beat" or something to Dags. So I cant see blaming Hoyt here, unless I missed something. Give Dags a pass if you want, it was a tough run of cards, but he did seem to lose it.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 PM

I don't think he was mad at Hoyt at all, he seemed more mad at the tournament directors that kept on making him count out his chips like 20 times after he counted them out after a rough beat
Old 04-03-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What positions were they in, what was the exact preflop action? How big were the blinds and the size of the raise? I didn't have the volume turned up. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man.

It was folded around to Corkins in the SB. They each had somewhere around 650K. It was so close, in fact, that D'Agostino had ONE CHIP left after he took the beat.

Not sure of the blinds/antes because they don't really tell you very often. But they couldn't have been TOO high, because the two of them were still in 2nd and 3rd chip positions and I know it hadn't gotten to a bad point yet.

There was no earthly reason for Corkins to push there. It was just plain weird, I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay thanks much. I didn't realize it was a battle of the blinds. That is pretty horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's even worse, considering that Hoyt (I assume) is known to be a hyper-aggro player. A 4-5x BB raise would seem to accomplish the goal of stealing jdags' blind, without risking his whole stack should he run into a big stack. Granted, pushing eliminates the possibility of a resteal, but are you really sweating a resteal bluff when you're stealing with 87o?