Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: jennicide returns!!

It very much used to be. It's not anymore though.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 PM

just getting caught up on this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sincerest apologies to jennicide.
i merely found it interesting that I happened to spot her playing the 100/200 game. i played a couple of $11-rebuys against her on stars and had her pegged as a pretty decent player from what I could tell (probably better than me).

The whole bit about 'who she's dating and why should anyone care' I agree with 100%.
I had paged through one of the earlier threads on this and was so uninterested that I didn't even remember that there was that whole j-dags thing going on.

I had seen Griffin playing the 100/200 a few weeks earlier and thought maybe she was dating him if i remembered correctly (which I didn't obviously)...so I also thought it wasn't impossible that I was watching Griffin play and not jennicide.

obviously it's pretty well known around here that she had dated both but I honestly forgot about one of them and just didn't know much about it anyway.

I was just observing that she was on the 100/200 table which I found interesting.

Anyway....I probably shouldn't have started such a silly and pointless thread...although my intentions weren't as bad as one might have thought.

Rock on jennicide and tear up that 100/200 game!!!!

Regarding the topic of whether or not she is good enough to beat it: I have no idea. I know very little about her game. Maybe she is good enough to beat it and maybe she isn't.

I do know however that I am definitely NOT good enough (nor sufficiently bankrolled) to beat it yet....and that's not likely to change in the immediate future.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just getting caught up on this thread.

[ QUOTE ]

First off guys, seriously...who cares who I date and who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sincerest apologies to jennicide.
i merely found it interesting that I happened to spot her playing the 100/200 game. i played a couple of $11-rebuys against her on stars and had her pegged as a pretty decent player from what I could tell (probably better than me).

The whole bit about 'who she's dating and why should anyone care' I agree with 100%.
I had paged through one of the earlier threads on this and was so uninterested that I didn't even remember that there was that whole j-dags thing going on.

I had seen Griffin playing the 100/200 a few weeks earlier and thought maybe she was dating him if i remembered correctly (which I didn't obviously)...so I also thought it wasn't impossible that I was watching Griffin play and not jennicide.

obviously it's pretty well known around here that she had dated both but I honestly forgot about one of them and just didn't know much about it anyway.

I was just observing that she was on the 100/200 table which I found interesting.

Anyway....I probably shouldn't have started such a silly and pointless thread...although my intentions weren't as bad as one might have thought.

Rock on jennicide and tear up that 100/200 game!!!!

Regarding the topic of whether or not she is good enough to beat it: I have no idea. I know very little about her game. Maybe she is good enough to beat it and maybe she isn't.

I do know however that I am definitely NOT good enough (nor sufficiently bankrolled) to beat it yet....and that's not likely to change in the immediate future.

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth though, I'm glad you brought it up. I'd rather it publicly said that I am no longer dating Gavin and John so I'm not hounded all the time about it while I'm playing. Believe me, while I was at the Mirage not too long ago a lot of people came up to me and asked me where John was.

Nevertheless, I've played 100/200 for only about a week. I've done okay this last week, however, that's obviously not sufficient enough to tell whether or not I can beat the game. People will never know unless they try and challenge themselves and that is exactly what I'm doing. My shorthand and heads up play is much better than my full table play, which is all I've been able to calculate for now. I'm improving daily and actually am going to start playing higher limit live also as I'm heading down to AC this week.

I wish you the best of luck though Micro, and please don't feel responsible for creating the thread. Sometimes things need to be brought up in a respectable manner and you did just that.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:20 PM

microbob...respectable???? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 10:07 PM

first time those two words have been uttered in the same sentence FOR SURE!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:44 PM

Who is 'jennicide'?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is 'jennicide'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2005, 01:17 AM

so i checked out the 'big game' on pokerstars. right now it's jennicide (the person has a picture of a hot chic) vs. daryn.

here's one hand. a little cautious don't ya think?
PokerStars 100/200 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: is with , . posts a blind of $100.

Flop: (1.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Results in white below:
has 6d 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
BB has Kc Qc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: wins 7.75 BB.

right now jennicide has a lot of daryn's chips but i haven't watched for too long, and i won't watch any longer. it's mind numbing

edit: converter messed up but it was HU and daryn was bb, jennicide was SB
Old 08-03-2005, 05:21 AM

just called the river with a set of 6's? huh?
misclick? fatigue? multi-tabling?

search the archives for more info on jennicide if you really want to. it's all there.....good online player who also happens to be a young female so all the 2+2 nerdo's are predictably drooling.
as you may have surmised from this thread...part of her dating life of a couple of other poker players has become public knowledge.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just called the river with a set of 6's? huh?
misclick? fatigue? multi-tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some random person IM'd me in the middle of me playing. Was very mad. I figure my IM names are a bit too easy to figure out, so I'm changing them now. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]