Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Smoking Weed

[ QUOTE ]

The best time is 15 beers and then smoking some quality bud.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

If by best time you mean getting the spins and vomiting then sure.

Yeah, so nugs are good in moderation. Moderation can mean different things for different people. Essentially, in my own experience, that means not blazing when I have important things to do. If weed gets in the way of your life by preventing you from getting your work done then it doesn't matter if you aren't smoking a large quantity, it's still affecting you negatively.

Personally, I'm going into my senior year of college, have been smoking everyday since high school, and have found that as long as I smoke AFTER I get my [censored] done, everything is all good. However, if I'm persuaded by my dick friends to blaze BEFORE I get everything done, there are often dire consequences.

Recreationally, my one complaint about pot is that it gets in the way of wild and exorbitant drinking. Generally, it's good for chilling and watching a movie/TV/playing cards, but if I'm going to be going out, getting too blazed really kills my motivation to get fired up.

Word.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:49 PM

I got into it because a bunch of my friends did it. Basically I had a weak mind and succumbed to peer pressure. It seemed like a really big deal to me back then, but now when I think back, weed is not a big deal at all (whether you choose to smoke it or not).

After having smoked it for about 3 years, I have actually grown quite tired of it. It was great for the first year, but the high has become progressively less fun. It used to be a great time, where I would sit around with friends, and the stupidest things would be funny. We would laugh our asses off for a half hour til our stomachs hurt, then keep laughing more. It was a new feeling/experience and it was great. Now I get high for about 20 mins, and just feel different - I don't get the giggle fits at all anymore. For the next 3 hours after, I am just burnt out, tired, and often just go to bed. It is really no fun at all anymore.

Benefits of weed are (IMO):
a cheap way to get messed up (I live in BC)
completely non-addictive
probably much healthier for your body than alcohol
mellows you out, as opposed to many other substances that induce anger
a fun social thing to do with friends
Old 07-27-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a good assessment for someone who drinks, but has never smoked weed. I classify and use it the same way I use alcohol, another way to have fun without any immediate short term risk. When you say you've heard that it makes people "dumb" I believe you are confusing recreational smokers with "stoners".

[/ QUOTE ]

Associating these two is so wrong I can't even begin to describe it.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:07 PM

Hi Indy.

First of I would make the distinction that weed is not a drug, like shrooms, E, coke, H and so on. Weed in my eyes are similar to alcohol, but much less harmful for you. I dont smoke weed so v. often but I think it is a kickass thing to do with friends.

One thing to think about weed is the quality. I grade weed like this:

1. The best, the [censored] you want.
2. Avg. pot, which the "man weed is so cool" guy praises.
3. Bad weed, the stuff Pat age 15 gets from mr random at the supermarket corner when buying the first time.

Obviously you don't want to get bad weed, it's just worthless. The avg. weed, the standard [censored] you might get is ok to smoke and you will have fun, but for me I find this also to be a waste of time if you just smoke occasionally. The avg. weed you should smoke if you have nothing better to do really. But the best weed, or "the weed with a name" is the thing you want to do, there are a variety with diff. strains that each has it's own quality. My favourite are the ones with 100% sativa (the other ones contain india, or a mix of both), because sativa is what makes you feel "up", v happy and laugh at anything and everything!
The thing about "weed with a name" is that they have names, white widow, durban poison, dutch passion and so on. I would rather smoke something like that once a week, then having unlimited of standard weed at my disposal.

Too bad this [censored] is kinda hard to come by here in Sweden. Where hash is the most common type of "weed". But hash usually makes you wanna doze of and sleep, it is still fun of course, but the high is so different.

Ok, just my 2 cents to this wonderful thread. And as I said I am no weed expert, just a happy amateur!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Damnit, I just want to know where I can get weed. I have a mix of friends who don't know, and people I'm not comfortable asking. Which is probably a failing on my part, I guess.

I read the other day that parts of Washington, D.C., have some of the highest pot smoking rates in the country. And yet I don't know one person who smokes regularly.

As always, I know the wrong people.

ElSapo
Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

I would hesitate to give any price ranges as those vary from state to state (and country to country ofcourse)

[/ QUOTE ]

true. Just from my experience that most good bud has been in that price range across the country, unless you are getting it from the grower themselves. Some states you will be able to get an eigth of good bud for 40, but most of the time it will be in the 50-60 range(this is just from my expereince of course, I haven't been to every state, but mainly in the northeast and upper midwest,IL, wisc, mich, etc)
Old 07-27-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Summary

Thanks Spicy,scotty, et. al...So it seems that the consensus leans towards the idea that weed (the good kind) is fun when enjoyed in moderation and is not very addictive or harmful to your body. It relaxes you but you should only do it if you don't need to be productive that day. Some warn that its a gateway drug and allude to some potential long-term memory/fatigue issues. I must admit that I have never done weed, but after hearing this I'm not as afraid of it. Cannot say that weed would be +EV to my poker game, but there are probably some who could use a toke or two (ahem, Hellmuth...).

Kewl thread,

Indy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Summary

when I puffed, weed and poker weren't the greatest mix unless I was with people who also smoke. so play the poker and then get baked
Old 07-27-2005, 05:39 PM

good idea, will keep that in mind...I have boozed while playing and it hasn't helped. Funny though that the best players at my table in the WSOP were chugging...??

Indy
Old 07-27-2005, 05:39 PM

Being productive on weed for me is a big no-no.

As a sidenote i smoked from a vaporizer a few days ago and it is clearly the best way to smoke, totally smooth and awesome. But I also find some some enjoyment from the mystery that surrounds the making and smoking of a joint!

As for weed being gatewaydrug, I do get urges to do other drugs, my favourite ones. But if you haven't done any other drugs I don't really see why you would crave something else.

And yes, pretty nice thread!