Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

I'll let you decide who the bigger dick is.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

[/ QUOTE ]

he then has all that extra time to beat you to a pulp in the elevator
Old 12-09-2005, 04:39 PM

NH, sir.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you or the old lady? I'll say you were.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im driving to work on a 45 mph, four lane, semi urban/industrial road. I am in the right lane and I see a tractor trailer making a right. I switch lanes and at no time do I drop below 45, but I make a pickup going about 55 pump his brakes a bit (keep in mind there was a row of traffic stopped infront of me for the big rig).

So I speed up and up to 65 and this guy is still completely in my trunk. I see a red light ahead, slow down and he zooms past me and pulls infront of me just to get to the light before I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some a-hole do something similar to me one day. Driving down a 50 mph two-lane road. I'm kinda neck and neck with another car in the left lane, doing a solid 55-60....no one else around. This AHOLE in a big truck is turning right onto this road I'm on, but he's got a merging lane...well first he thinks he's gonna get in front of me, so he speeds up. There was no f@#$ing way he'd make it.

I can't move over because I've got someone next to me, and I sure as hell am not going to slam on the brakes to let some slow-ass truck in. So the guy in the truck slams on his brakes when he realizes he's only going behind me - which he should have realized before he even tried. We look at each other as I zoom by, and he's cursing up a storm for his gf in the truck. He speeds up and tailgates me for a solid five miles. If I had even tapped the brakes, he would have rear-ended me. F@#$ing dick.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I do too.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

How humiliating. I can't believe you posted that.