Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Dating and rejection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I had a date (and it was from the internet, no less) tell me there was "no spark," I completely and totally ignored her for the rest of the night...luckily I was in a setting to do this (crowded dance club where we both knew lots of people). She was a bikini model, smoking hot - and just wanted attention.

When, after telling me she wanted us to be friends, she didn't get anymore attention...I think she really flipped out and started playing the internal "what's wrong with me" game in her head.

1:45 rolls around, her friends have left, couple of my buds are still there...she comes and finds me standing at the bar and asks if she can buy me a drink. My friends get the hint and take off.

As I'm driving her home, she's rubbing on my leg, etc -- we get to the door and she opens up and asks me inside, goes back to her room and I just kinda call out "hey, I'm gonna take off"...at that point she came out with no shirt on -- and she was a sight.

I swear to God I told her "yeah, I'm not feeling any spark here," and walked out the door. Never had a problem hooking up when I wanted to, and the confidence boost of rejecting this girl is better than the sex would have been.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Don't ever let 'em see you sweatin' that ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is not a single thing I've ever read or heard that I believe less than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is not a single thing I've ever read or heard that I care about less than you not believing me.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is not a single thing I've ever read or heard that I believe less than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is not a single thing I've ever read or heard that I care about less than you not believing me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not a single thing I've ... okay you win.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I had a date (and it was from the internet, no less) tell me there was "no spark," I completely and totally ignored her for the rest of the night...luckily I was in a setting to do this (crowded dance club where we both knew lots of people). She was a bikini model, smoking hot - and just wanted attention.

When, after telling me she wanted us to be friends, she didn't get anymore attention...I think she really flipped out and started playing the internal "what's wrong with me" game in her head.

1:45 rolls around, her friends have left, couple of my buds are still there...she comes and finds me standing at the bar and asks if she can buy me a drink. My friends get the hint and take off.

As I'm driving her home, she's rubbing on my leg, etc -- we get to the door and she opens up and asks me inside, goes back to her room and I just kinda call out "hey, I'm gonna take off"...at that point she came out with no shirt on -- and she was a sight.

I swear to God I told her "yeah, I'm not feeling any spark here," and walked out the door. Never had a problem hooking up when I wanted to, and the confidence boost of rejecting this girl is better than the sex would have been.

Fanfuckingtastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gay, a liar or both.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:03 AM

I am, in fact, a liar (everyone is a liar about something). But I am neither gay nor am I lying about this incident. No one has to believe me - but it is a liberating experience turning down a girl like that. I haven't regretted it for one second of one day. I have to admit, though, that my rejection of her was aided by the fact that I thought she was a horribly stupid, petty girl who I very much disliked as a person. I'm sure if I'd found her both charming and hot, I wouldn't have had the stomach to turn her down.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I have to admit, though, that my rejection of her was aided by the fact that I thought she was a horribly stupid, petty girl who I very much disliked as a person. I'm sure if I'd found her both charming and hot, I wouldn't have had the stomach to turn her down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm gonna fix my poker here, and change my mind. I do believe ya, cos I remember going through a phase (long long time ago, +20 years) of being really angry at women (had my heart broken, afterwards saw lots of examples of women being manipulative, petty etc) , and may have done the same. But back then I was real angry, and I think I'd've gone in, got her real steaming and dying for it, and then got up and left with a passing remark about 'no spark' (but only if she was basically a horrible person inside, like you describe). That's how angry I was.

So sorry for doubting, SammyKid!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fanfuckingtastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weither it's true or not, this story is a perfect example, and the truth.

If you truely walked out on the bitch, you are my [censored] idol.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:02 AM

I think your first mistake was going out with this woman in the first place. She started right off by setting conditions and laying out rules to see if you would follow along. Then on the "predate" she rebuffs you but "leaves the door open". She is controlling and wants to lead you around like a puppy dog on a leash. She should have hit the reject pile right away.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
best feature: feet

[/ QUOTE ]

eww.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
awesome...
Old 08-12-2005, 08:11 AM

Ugh. I don't see why guys put themselves through this. It sounds torturous. Why on earth would you want to be interviewed for a date? I agree with Bluffoon on this one.

I'm not saying this kind of service is a bad thing, just that maybe you are attracted to the wrong kind of girl. If it were me I'd talk to the person on the phone first to determine if they seemed genuine, game, kind etc, and then I'd go on a real date. Not a pre-date.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fanfuckingtastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weither it's true or not, this story is a perfect example, and the truth.

If you truely walked out on the bitch, you are my [censored] idol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS as once you go through the whole ignoring act, and when the chick gets hot for you (hot chick by the way)...there is no reason that walking out is a +EV move ever. You are never going to see this girl again, I could understand what you are saying if you worked with her, or lived next door...but to do what you did at the end is, well, retarded.

Now as far as the psychology to use during dating, there is basically a way to treat each girl that is most effective...with some girls you ignore them, or treat them like dirt...swear to god this works, its pretty sick but some find this hot. Now after going through this whole "act"...you walk out on someone you will never see again, but is hot and is giving u what you want, is pretty idiotic IMO.

Sure it may feel good walking out on them, because maybe it makes u feel tough, or cool...but nothing feels better than [censored] the [censored] out of some drunk, hot woman. Well, maybe thats just me, because SIIHP sure feels a hell of a lot better than walking to the car.