Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Should I call him?

The name Steve actually comes from what we all have taken to calling him. At their high school they were all friends with a deaf kid named Steve and sometimes (as part of the teasing culture) they would gimmick him. The kid from my OP took it to another level by calling everyone (his mother included) Steve.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why isn't there a pooper comment in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're too afraid now
Old 06-07-2005, 09:26 PM

So this guy is nice to you and helps you out. Some (perhaps small) things seem to really bother him so you continue to do them until he basically cuts off communication with you. That not being enough for you, you decide to use his password and hack into on of his forum accounts because you didn't like his avatar.

It sounds like you need to think about what being a friend is. You don't seem sorry so I don't think you should apologize.

You and others are hung up on whether he is over reacting. Perhaps he is but the bottom line is the guy helps you out and you choose to do everything possible to give him a hard time, even though you know it bothered him a great deal.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 PM

i have a friend who people constantly make fun of and he takes it in good stride but i could tell he really doesn't like it at all, and i've pointed this out to several people in private but they still [censored] with him anyways but he doesn't have the heart to tell them to their face he's not happy. now some may say he's a "whiny b!tch" or whatever but thats not the point. these guys are his friends, but they don't act like it, which is a real jerk thing to do.

some people can take jokes, some can't. but if you keep on messing with someone who is your friend and you know can't take a joke, you're being a big [censored] douche.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:29 PM

You're right. I now feel bad. Broodle.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe because this kid is getting bent out of shape over nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really lame argument. obviously these little "nothing" things mean a good deal to this friend. just because it's not a big deal for you it doesn't give you the right to mess with something that means a big deal to him.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he grew up in a broken home its not your responsibility to be nice to him if he's a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? And why should tbach be a little bitch to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misinterpreted my comment. A lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say steves a little bitch, and you say he doesn't have to be nice to him. WTf else is contained within your comments? Why haven't you told tbach to apologize and quit being a dick to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because this kid is getting bent out of shape over nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no reason to continue with "jerkish" behavior even if it has playful intentions, when clearly the person you are doing it to is genuinely bothered by it.

the whole "deal with it" reaction, shows absolutely no value for the friendship, it is selfish and lame. whether or not you think they should be offended by it is irrelevant after it is already established by them that they are. to continue on with it just for your own amusement is just clearly being a jerk, if you actually care about keeping friends.

he might be sensitive, but just accept you can't mess around with him as easily as you can with other friends. i don't like to constantly be picked on by "friends" either. i've had someone tell me to "deal with it" before after asking them to stop doing something rude, and chose to just stop being friends with them. i see no reason to stay friends with people who have no concern for my feelings - but that's me.

this is of course is assuming he acts pretty decent towards you.

i would apologize and try to be less of a jerk. it can't hurt.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 PM

I wouldn't apologize, I'd just stop being a dick. Edit: Good post above by my good pal Gorie.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:44 PM

I really wish CliffNotes saved me from that.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:05 PM

CDC is a smart man.

Trust me, it sucks a lot to be the friend everyone else makes fun of. Regardless of how well you think they are taking it.