Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

I think she has the right to do what she is doing, but I dont respect it, but thats another topic that has allready been discussed, so stay no topic.

The country is still pretty evenly split between anti-war and pro-war as opposed to the 19% to 81% (over 100,000 people took this poll by the way)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:35 PM

Hey liberals lets complain about the sources of Fox News then use a poll of the Washington Post in an argument....oh wait thats happend more than once allready.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:38 PM

The thing is Bill, and this is what I think Algers point is, THESE AREN'T FACTS:

[ QUOTE ]
2. Anyone who believes there were no WMD's is naive. Just ask the Kurds.

3. Anyone who believes there was no connection between Saddam Hussein is naive and uneducated. Just follow the Saudi money trail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of whether or not the kurds were gassed or if there was a connection between hussein and 9/11, what you listed are not facts. Instead you've alluded to things. Which is fine, but the title of your post "Iraq War (a few facts) suggests that we are going to get facts in the post. Then, in your initial paragraph, you suggest that your post is going to clear things up.We really don't get either of those things. You don't give us any facts. Instead of saying what you said in point 2, you should have tried saying:

"Sadaam must have had WMD's becaue he used them against the kurds."

The fact part of the sentance would be "he used them against the kurds." The "sadaam must have had WMD's" would be the conclusion that you drew from the said fact.

Had you done that, it may have opened up a channel for intelligent discussion. Someone may have then said, "fair enough, we know he had them at that point in time, but do we know if he had them prior to GW Bush's war against Iraq?" or, somebody could have posed the question, "does that mean that Iraq poses a significan't threat to us now" or even, "is punishing Iraq for gassing the Kurds the reason we ought to go to war now."

Hell, any of this would have been more usefull in clarifying the facts than what ensued after you made useless comments like, "go ask the kurds." If your intention was to enflame the masses, then your post was successful, but if it was to clairify as you seemed to suggest it was in your initial paragraph, then your post has been a failure.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey liberals lets complain about the sources of Fox News then use a poll of the Washington Post in an argument....oh wait thats happend more than once allready.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the Harris Poll and the American Research Group haven't recently released the opinion polls that the Washington Post cited in the article? Are you saying that the WP is somehow factually mistaken about these polls?

I'm finding it hard to see how my source could be impuned for this article, but if you'd like me to link directly to Harris and the ARG, I'd be happy to.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 PM

I'm not saying your poll is wrong, I'm just pointed out the hypocracy, in that Fox News slants right and Washington Post slants left, but you guys can't admit that the post slants left.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying your poll is wrong, I'm just pointed out the hypocracy, in that Fox News slants right and Washington Post slants left, but you guys can't admit that the post slants left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making no claims about the Post. I merely used that link because it mentioned both polls, therefore making my point more expediantly. By questioning the use of this link, you are implying that the Post's 'liberal bias' is slanting the results of these polls to the left, and that argument is ridiculous.

Even so, if you still find anything wrong with the use of that link, I told you I'd be happy to post links to the same results from another source.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Swede. Points 1 and 2 are public knowledge. Points 3 and 4 are fundamental history. Point 5 is also history. Go read pre-WWII Middle East history. The Arabs had no problem warring with each other prior to the creation of Isreal.

Try to get some English written history books, the German ones you are used to are probably out dated.

For future reference try to reply with at least a paragraph, not just a one sentence smart-ass comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bruce you do have a responsibility to back up your statements with links if challenged. Well, thats if you want folks to take you seriously.

I'm not objecting to your views(i probably agree with most of them), only to your jr hs arrogance.

Stu
Old 08-24-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was the fox news poll a scientificly carried out accurate representation of americas views? or just a dumb online poll on their website that only people who watch fox news would bother voting on. if its the former please provide a link to this poll, or kindly SHUT UP.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:35 PM

The immaturity of some libs makes the good ones look bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The immaturity of some libs makes the good ones look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't the immaturity of some make the others look good by comparison? Unless, of course, you're incapable of separating in your mind different people that fall under an idealogical banner. But only the most ignorant people cannot do that.