Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: my letter to party (long), and their initial response

[ QUOTE ]
So answer my question. Are you an affiliate?

[/ QUOTE ]
My answer is that you couldn't care less whether I am or not, because you've basically ignored everything I've said, in favor of your "bonus whores are Party's core audience" argument.

Furthermore, to think that an affiliate would actually argue against keeping THEIR core customers happy (unlike Party, an affiliate would be highly dependent on bonus whores' signups for their livelihood) you'd have to be an idiot.

I look forward to another response that has nothing to do with what I've typed up to now.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:14 AM

The goal of most any enterprise is to maximize their profit. What you're really trying to argue is that they are actually hurting their long term profit by maximizing short term profits. If you're actually arguing they're making "enough" so they should give some back then that doesn't make sense in a capitalistic system. I would rather they charged as little as possible in rake to stay running but I wouldn't expect any company foolish enough to do that to last very long. They will (and should) charge the max rake and offer the fewest bonuses possible to maximize profits. If they lose too many players that will hurt profits too, but losing some percentage of them while making more off the rest is just good economics.

In return we consumers get to flock to other poker sites to punish them when they go too far. That's the free market.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And even so, lots of people (in this very thread even) have said they have no problem whatsoever with their points-based bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? Lots?

Why are you arguing Parties new crappy bonus policy? It sucks lizard tails! You know it and I know it, and just about anyone with any smarts knows it. It's not competitive to what is presently being offered by any measure.

Party will lose customers. You say they don't care about customers that will leave because of crappy bonuses. But I think they care very much, especially when their numbers are down month to month.

Seriously, are you an affiliate of Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

They will lose customers like me, who has been costing them money month in and month out. I figured a long time ago that me threatening to leave Party is really shooting blanks. So I don't. I take a decent bonus when offered. If I don't get any that is fine also. Party has no real way of winning me back except offering me 30%+ rakeback. And I don't expect it happening anytime soon.

From a business perspective, they are doing the right thing. Now they just need to learn to take care of the customers they are making money off and they might start to reseble an organization with a good business plan.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:27 AM

I suppose if we players keep saying it's OK for the sites to do whatever they want to maximize profits, then they will.

Personally, I don't overpay when I buy. I guess I'm in a minority here. You guys have fun at Party, and when they raise the max rake to $5.00, be sure to argue that it's a free market system and they are just good businessman.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose if we players keep saying it's OK for the sites to do whatever they want to maximize profits, then they will.

Personally, I don't overpay when I buy. I guess I'm in a minority here. You guys have fun at Party, and when they raise the max rake to $5.00, be sure to argue that it's a free market system and they are just good businessman.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 10 people pay $5.00 or 12 people pay $4.00, which should Party do? Not only is it okay for them, they would be irresponsible to do otherwise. You can't seriously be arguing they should NOT maximize their profit . . . that goes against everything a poker player should believe in.

Now, once again, if charging 10 people $5.00 leads to a loss of critical mass leading to a further drop to 8 people then 6 people, etc. then they would have made a bad long term mistake. If that will in fact happen is a good point for discussion.

Also, don't assume the people defending Party's efforts to maximize their profits are going to be playing there. I can argue for women's rights even though I'm male too. This doesn't mean I won't be playing there either. I'll do whatever maximizes my profit based on the other available sites. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 06:29 AM

I wouldn't play a site that charges .50 rake at a 5.00 pot and .75 at a 12 pot anyways. Unless they gave a decent bonus to make up for the highest rakes in the universe.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And even so, lots of people (in this very thread even) have said they have no problem whatsoever with their points-based bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh really? Lots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, lot’s. The lot’s of players that party intended to make happy. Since this bonus came out I have spent about 12 hours playing, everything 3/6 and below. I have not seen a single complaint in the chat boxes, nothing but positive. The regular every day players are enjoying it.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you arguing Parties new crappy bonus policy? It sucks lizard tails! You know it and I know it, and just about anyone with any smarts knows it. It's not competitive to what is presently being offered by any measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

What new ‘crappy bonus policy’ would that be? Yesterday I received a deposit bonus, one day after the points bonus. It appears that many others also received a deposit bonus.
That means that this month a received a deposit bonus plus a points bonus. That not only makes me happy but proves that Party is willing to go the extra mile to keep my business. I am going to guess that they didn’t give deposit bonuses to the turds that are low profit for them, the bonus whores.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh really? Lots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, lot’s. The lot’s of players that party intended to make happy. Since this bonus came out I have spent about 12 hours playing, everything 3/6 and below. I have not seen a single complaint in the chat boxes, nothing but positive. The regular every day players are enjoying it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What new ‘crappy bonus policy’ would that be? Yesterday I received a deposit bonus, one day after the points bonus. It appears that many others also received a deposit bonus.
That means that this month a received a deposit bonus plus a points bonus. That not only makes me happy but proves that Party is willing to go the extra mile to keep my business. I am going to guess that they didn’t give deposit bonuses to the turds that are low profit for them, the bonus whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horray for Party!

Another satisfied idiot who doesn't know his chin from his ass.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Horray for Party!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, the old name calling! Used by those that are cornered in a debate without either the brain cells or facts to come up with a logical response. I love it!!
Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Something I should have done a while ago...
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user.

[/ QUOTE ]